library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What kinds of stories are different authors best for?

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 24 Jun 2021 02:47
Not very good, as I remember - the spanking wasn't very detailed (if it had been, it probably wouldn't have got published in a college magazine) there wasn't much characterisation, and the plot was simply 'girl acts hi-hat (stuck-up), boy spanks girl, girl learns the error of her ways'.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:39
Thinking there have been a few authors who do the pseudonym thing for various reasons. James Rigney, better known by the name Robert Jordan was the writer of the epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time, he also wrote Conan stories and historical fiction under different names. Spankings crop up quite regularly in WoT, most notably The Knife of Dreams, or as I subtitled it 50 Shades of Wheel of Time or Egwene Gets Spanked a Lot.
Tom Holt wrote comedic fiction under that name and then used the name of K.J Parker to write more high brow fantasy. The identity of Parker was kept a strict secret for years and caused a big fuss when the author was finally revealed to be Holt.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 24 Jun 2021 11:28
Seegee:
James Rigney, better known by the name Robert Jordan was the writer of the epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time, he also wrote Conan stories

Yes, I absolutely loved his seven Conan books. I think he was the best non-Robert author who wrote Conan novels. He had a very causal approach and stepped away from the excessively dramatic which often taints many fantasy stories. Everything doesn't have to be about the potential end of the world and he added a lot of humor and colorful characters bringing life to Howard's world. In modern times however, I have to admit that his stories come out as incredibly sexist and juvenile. I wouldn't say that these stories have plenty of spankings, but there are in a few of his Conan books. I still have to read WoT though, but it sounds really promising. Sigh. That was another great author who died much too soon and sudden.

Seegee:
The identity of Parker was kept a strict secret for years and caused a big fuss when the author was finally revealed to be Holt.

I guess that only goes to prove how prejudiced some people are. Only certain "good" people are supposed to be able to produce quality material and it bothers many people when it turns out that the same person also did down to earth sleaze.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 25 Jun 2021 23:52
I've known of authors (my stepfather was on the inner circle of popular authors who used to party together at his house upon occassion), and their nombe de plumbs, and I won't speak of them here.

Redardless, the point of my mentioning this point, wasn't to change the topic of the thread, but, as someone else pointed out, fans can get bitter when more than one genre are covered by one author. So, perhaps, instead of being cocky and saying I write all genres under one authorship, maybe group one or two similar genres under a different name? I know, I know, "you can't please all the people, all the time" but maybe you're distancing yourself from fans you knew not of?

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 26 Jun 2021 02:16
My favorite stories to read and to write are F/f, and some F/m. I love role reversals and on this site, the best in my view are Patron, for female role reversals; Profken, for his series on parents being disciplined by schools and students; and Peter242 for his whole range of stories. Jacqueline Scott is also an excellent writer--her e-book The Corporal Punishment Officer is a fine rendering of a younger female officer disciplining an older woman and then becoming involved with her daughter.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 26 Jun 2021 13:57
Lonewulf:
and their nombe de plumbs

Really? They moonlighted as plumbers?

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 26 Jun 2021 16:42
Well, Mercedes Lackey's advice to would-be writers is to learn a trade like plumbing or carpentry to support themselves while they're writing - because there's usually no money in being an author!

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#38 | Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:13
heh heh, yeah, my typos can be pretty funny sometimes

opb
Male Author

England
#39 | Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:03
PhilK:
Really? They moonlighted as plumbers?

Actually I do it the other way round.