The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Inspiration

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 15:27
A comment on one of my stories got me thinking about what inspires a spanking story. For myself, ideas can pop into my head as a result of something I've read or seen on TV - or even on Ebay!

The story I'm working on now was inspired by a question that occurred to me while watching repeats of 'Antiques Road Trip'.

Where do the rest of you authors find inspiration? I'd love to know!

guyde
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 16:57
I have a theory that the Muse Erato has a younger sister - Brato - and she is a sort of Muse for spanking fiction.

Not a full blown Muse - she is still too young for full time employment: even the Greek Gods have their Child Labor laws.

So whenever you get a small spark for a spanking story, Brato comes along and gets your creative juices flowing.

Alas, being so young and impish, she is known to go wandering off playing hide and go seek, even for years at a time, leaving the aspiring author high and dry with no guidance of his fingers at the keyboard. Probably a spanking offense in itself, but spanking a young goddess comes with great risk to personal safety. Better to just wait and one day she will wander back into you life and fill you mind with spankworthy fiction once more.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 17:51
Now, that is inspirational--a young goddess who is impish and who needs spanking.

I get ideas for spanking stories all the time. When I do, I create a new draft, entitled Draft "working title" and file it with my other drafts. It will have 50--100 words to remind me of a storyline. Then it just sits there until I actually need an idea. Then I can scroll through my "drafts" until I find one that suits my mood at the time.

I think that most of my inspirations (ideas) come from my own head. External stimuli are unnecessary.

Geoffrey Stirling.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#4 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 19:06
For me, inspiration seems to come in two kinds that are rather different. The first is the inspiration to write a spanking story and the other is the inspiration to write a story. The former is usually quite uncomplicated and comes from a memory, a fantasy, from another story, or (quite often) from a remark somebody has made. The latter is much more complicated as it usually starts from something that has nothing to do with spanking, perhaps a person who fascinates me, or a situation I run into, or just a mood or a sensation. The problem with this kind of inspiration is that initially it has nothing to do with spanking, and as I only write spanking stories, I have to work a spanking into it in a way that doesn't seem too implausible. When I succeed, I am usually more satisfied with these stories than the straight spanking stories, but they are much harder work.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 20:30
Geoffrey, I've learnt not to write down a draft when I get an idea for a story.

Once the idea is out of my head and onto a page, it ceases to evolve, add details to itself, generate dialogue and eventually become something I can begin writing down (not that I don't make changes at that stage too).

It's a bit like pottery - it's easy to reshape the clay when it's moist, becomes more difficult when it's been left to dry out, and impossible once it's been fired.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Feb 2021 04:16
Brato is inspiration herself. A goddess of spanking fiction, what a fantastic idea.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 9 Feb 2021 07:33
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, most of my inspirations come to me in my dreams.

I could further explain that so it sounds much more logical, but that's a part of a future story I've yet to write, and don't wish to tip my hat. I've given away enough stories, this one is epic and it's mine. Sorry.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 9 Feb 2021 10:43
Myrkassi,

When I wrote "draft" I really meant Aide Memoire. They are only a few words, just sufficient to remind me of where this story could go. Once I have decided that I will develop one of them into a story, then my mind goes into overtime and over a week or so I develop it much further, in my head, until I am ready to start writing.

I should also correct my earlier post. I do sometimes obtain external inspiration, often from girls'/women's descriptions of disciplinary spankings that they received when younger. For example, I am on the point of submitting my latest story (working title, Cara's Request) to LSF. It was inspired by a 30 something woman who told me she was spanked as a teenager by her male sports coach and who, although she didn't like it, believed it improved her motivation and, like a couple of her friends, started asking to be spanked when she felt she deserved it. She believed that he didn't enjoy it either. I have my doubts.

The whole thing sounds highly unlikely but I questioned her closely, and was satisfied. She came from the US where, in some States, twenty years ago there was a much more robust view of the use of CP in scholastic settings than here in the UK.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 22:44
Lonewulf
when I said this, I wasn't talking about a puzzle piece idea, but the whole puzzle. I've woken up and hand written 15 pages, front and back.

Anytime I've written a story, it's usually in some sense "complete." I sit down and write out the whole story and don't stop until it's completely written. That isn't to say it's a polished, complete story. Polishing can take up to several years and much agonizing over details and how to present them best.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 11 Feb 2021 01:51
I've had story ideas come to me in dreams - but never so complete as yours, Lonewulf, and so far, never a spanking story. Do you have any method of provoking or encouraging such dreams? If so, I'd like to try it!

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
Alef, mrdonkey182, SinclairMP, stevenr, stevohammer
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9