Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:58
njrick:
"why the hell didn't you comment on my stories, you ingrate"

Well, I haven't tried that, but sometimes I do wonder when I see the same person having read 200 of my stories, but never have left a comment. It makes me curious. I mean, if the same person clicks all of my stuff, they seem to enjoy it. It makes me wonder a bit what they might be like. I wouldn't intrude though. What I find even more curious though is when I see the same person having clicked more than twenty of my stories in less than ten minutes. Super-speed readers? Or does that mean that I could skip the plot and just get right down to the spanking part?

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#32 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 16:34
Glagla:
Well, I haven't tried that, but sometimes I do wonder when I see the same person having read 200 of my stories, but never have left a comment. It makes me curious. I mean, if the same person clicks all of my stuff, they seem to enjoy it. It makes me wonder a bit what they might be like. I wouldn't intrude though. What I find even more curious though is when I see the same person having clicked more than twenty of my stories in less than ten minutes. Super-speed readers? Or does that mean that I could skip the plot and just get right down to the spanking part?

I have noticed the same thing and have always assumed that they are looking for something specific, most likely a story they once read and are trying to get back to (I have been guilty of this myself on a few occasions).

Patron
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 16:56
The main reason I don't comment: this site has a policy against simple comments like "Great story" or "good job!"

I'm not upset at that, but sometimes after reading a story that I really liked, that's honestly all that I have to say. When there is something particular that I can elaborate on, I'm happy to do that, but that doesn't occur nearly as often as the "well done" moments.

And I'd never post anything critical. If I read the story and I'm responding, any criticism would be greatly dwarfed by my enjoyment of the story, but most people find any criticism discouraging, and I don't want to play even the smallest part in preventing more spanking stories from being written.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 20:35
I often wonder if I comment too much or go overboard in my comments.
On the other hand, there are a few authors who almost never reply to comments and rarely reply to popups. P.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 21:15
Ooops, I'm afraid I'm guilty of falling behind replying to comments. A thousand grovelling apologies. I very much appreciate them. But regarding interaction between site members, remember that not everybody is comfortable with it. It's understandable that many individuals appreciate their privacy. They come here to enjoy reading what's on offer; some comment and some don't want to engage in much - or any - communication, and we just have to accept that. It could be that married people who haven't disclosed their kink to their spouse are reluctant to enter into repartee in case they get found out... but that's a topic for anther thread.

One other point that I'm sure many members here are not aware of is that although the library is a closed site, the forum is not. It can be read by anyone on the internet, so do take care not to identify yourself by giving too much away in your forum posts, unless it's not an issue for you.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#36 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 21:59
Good points, Ms. Flopsy.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 23:30
I usually comment unless I'm way too tired. I do dislike, though, those who read, for example, pt. 3 of a story and bypass the rest. Not only do they not leave a comment but they've skipped most of the story so they really don't know the context or what's going on.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
ebbetsjim, LucNoir, sks089, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9