The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Life's greatest pleasure?

Page  Page 3 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 4 Aug 2020 13:26
I know Sir Terry Pratchett used the quote in one of the books with Cohen the Barbarian (who's the age Conan would be if he'd lived through all of the books and films about him)!

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 4 Aug 2020 23:05
Brosse6:
PhilK:
Isn't religion wonderful?

It is not really 'religion', it is legend and history. The writings of the ancient Greeks and Romans are little different to the Old Testament. The Romans ran a very brutal regime for centuries, conquering and brutalising in the name of their gods and emperors, who were de facto gods also.

The Bible 'isn't really religion'? That might come as a surprise to a lot of Christians....

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 4 Aug 2020 23:51
kdpierre:
One of life's greatest pleasures is engaging in actual spanking, not writing about it. That has a much higher 'pleasure' return for the effort.

That's an interesting comparison to make. For me they would be roughly equivalent overall. If I had to permanently give up one or the other, I'd need to think long and hard about it. I can't think of any other sphere of life where that would apply. I would far rather eat my dinner than write about it.

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 01:14
It's easier to find and enjoy a good story than to find the dominant or submissive player who is right for you. I enjoy writing stories to get down on paper ideas I may have at any particular time. For some reason I've been fascinated by spanking since I was very young; being spanked while growing up clearly had a lot to do with it. Reading a good story on this as well as other sites puts me in a positive and happy state of mind. Profken, Patron, and Peter242 are among the writers here I find satisfying and enjoyable.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#25 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 06:24
PhilK

The conversation was around The Old Testament, which is a very different set of texts to the New Testament or the Koran. Mao's Red Book and Mein Kampf are also responsible for genocide and brutality and they are not religious.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 11:19
Brosse6:
The conversation was around The Old Testament, which is a very different set of texts to the New Testament

Yes, I think Phil is being a bit disingenuous, No Christian would be influenced by an obscure text from the Old Testament which contradicts the teachings of Jesus (who apparently wasn't big on genocide!)

One good thing about this forum - there's never any digression!

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 12:48
AlanBarr:
No Christian would be influenced by an obscure text from the Old Testament which contradicts the teachings of Jesus (who apparently wasn't big on genocide!)

I wasn't going to jump in on this, and am still reluctant to do so, but this assertion made me nearly choke on my coffee from spontaneous laughter. In my experience Christians use the two books interchangeably.....to justify whatever particular nasty little view they are currently espousing.....even if they are contradictory. I've seen Christians use parts of Leviticus to condemn some things while ignoring other 'rules' that they don't like. And I've seen this with the New testament as well. All people can be hypocritical, but religious people can do it with a verse to back themselves up.

As for digression? While I don't always agree with Phil, I do recognize that he has been active on this forum far longer than most, and digression is understandable when you enjoy interacting with a group of people but can't quite get enthused over answering some specific spanking topic that's been covered two dozen times. And on that note, I'm with him on digressing whenever it fits in.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#28 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 16:27
Over the years I have met religious people who are both wonderful and utter scumbags and I have met atheists who have also been both wonderful people and utter scumbags. Not only that but the numerous religious beliefs are very different from each other both organisationally and per individual.

There is a mistaken belief that the three so called 'Abrahamic faiths' are similar, which is not true as they could not be more different.

Sadly many people who condemn those who hold a religious belief know very little about what they are actually condemning and ignore the atrocities committed by secular society.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 16:53
Brosse6:
Sadly many people who condemn those who hold a religious belief know very little about what they are actually condemning and ignore the atrocities committed by secular society.

Many perhaps....but not all.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 5 Aug 2020 17:10
kdpierre:
As for digression?

My comment was light-hearted and I only made it after I'd joined in the digression myself!

kdpierre:
In my experience Christians use the two books interchangeably.....to justify whatever particular nasty little view they are currently espousing.....even if they are contradictory.

As an ex-Christian I spent a lot of my youth in churches and that was never my experience. And are you implying all their views are nasty and little? You can't characterise a whole group by its worst and most extreme examples. That's just prejudice.

To come at this from another angle, there will be christians who are members of this site. I know of two for sure who I have great respect for, I don't think it right that their sincerely held beliefs should be grossly misrepresented and held up to ridicule. Perhaps you do?

Page  Page 3 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 11
caner2214, donut88, dusty333, Flavius, jogreenknickers, Schoyce1, Seegee, tyson, yenwen89
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9