The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Life's greatest pleasure?

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 14:49
Would other writers agree that writing spanking stories is one of life's greatest pleasures? It can also be frustrating at times. Sometimes I think I've come up with my best story ever, but then I come back to it the following day and I can see it's a load of utter crap and I discard it in disgust. But when things are going well there's nothing quite like it. I judge this from my tea and coffee consumption. When I'm doing other things I enjoy, such as a spot of gardening or pottering around in my workshop, I'm always thinking about my next meal, or whether I've earned another tea break yet. But when I'm absorbed in a story. the hours just whizz past, I feel no need at all for distraction, and a jar of coffee last a whole lot longer.

I think one of the things which makes it special is that even though it feels like work, you can't help being a bit affected by your own words as you write. It must be a bit like being an underground chemist producing an illicit drug who can't avoid inhaling some of it and getting a bit high in the process!

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 15:49
Life's greatest pleasure is or should be opening your eyes every morning and realising you're alive.
I realised this in a coronary intensive care unit several years ago.
Most of life's other really great pleasures are fairly mundane.
Although I enjoy reading and writing spanking stories it is mainly a pleasurable distraction.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 16:02
jimisim:
Life's greatest pleasure is or should be opening your eyes every morning and realising you're alive.

I can't argue with that, but I was sort of taking it for granted. Very glad you recovered, anyway. It is rather more than a pleasurable distraction for me.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 16:12
It is a real pleasure. I've been very low lately and haven't written much but then wrote something the other day and, although I think it was odd and not very good, just to have written it gave me a bit of a spring in my step for a day and, made me feel cheerful enough to read a few more stories on here.

AlanBarr
I like that idea of inhaling the illicit drug.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#5 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 16:47
Everyone has a vice and I regard spanking as mine. I enjoy alcohol but it has never dominated me, I never enjoyed smoking, drugs or gambling. I accept that spanking is an addiction I have had since I was around four years old, but I enjoy it.

I agree though waking up everyday is life's greatest blessing.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#6 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 17:37
I love writing for the most part spanking poems and I have had some minor success with stories and serials here and there. I too can trace my fascination with spanking to when I could count my age on one hand and it fills my thoughts all day long off and on.

Kind of along the lines of what KatiePie said about getting that spring to your step... I do occasionally write something that I am pretty happy with that rises above the mundane and brings me a smile.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 29 Jul 2020 23:41
What about crushing your enemy, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women?

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 Jul 2020 00:00
SNM:
What about crushing your enemy, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women?

That's fun too, but I still prefer writing spanking stories.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#9 | Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:48
Oh lucky you! I often find planning a story quite enjoyable, but writing it is usually a chore, and the more important the story is to me, the more of a chore it becomes. It is not a surprise; essay writing was the only part of school I truly disliked.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 30 Jul 2020 22:31
Not sure about life's greatest pleasure, but it's certainly been up there on the podium for me for the past 10 years. It's the challenge and satisfaction of simply creating something (plot, setting, characters, voice, images), spiced up in our case by all that spanking means to us. Your underground chemist analogy, Alan, describes my feelings about this perfectly - I started out mixing heady potions for myself alone, then shared them and found delight in company before easing off the feverish addiction somewhat and dabbling in a bit of business to keep the vintner at bay.

Unlike Alef, I find planning awkward and tedious but the writing an exhilarating rollercoaster. It's surprising and instructive when parts of myself or my life emerge in characters and plots without any conscious intention - patterns that have had to be pointed out to me sometimes by perceptive reader-commenters.

As for judging my own writing, that too is a rollercoaster - on one reading I grin with egotism, on another I wince with embarrassment, though in time these extremes have weathered to a more measured appraisal.

My keyboard's been near-silent for many months now. The tide's out.

But the vintner's banging on my door again, so....

Keep on keeping on, everyone.

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 16
darkscreen377, john4, Mcdonald112358, Nobmeister, ProBandit, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9