The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

If it were a "real" library

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
hotbot59
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:48
Don't forget the panty and pants inspections, you must be clean to sit in this library.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:16
Why are there people here doubting that the LSF is a "real" (bricks and mortar) library - with flopsybunny ensconced at the front desk, Miss Thrashbottom's ministrations echoing down the hall, Februs squirreled away in the basement IT room, the validators shackled to their desks down even deeper in the dungeon, the LSF jukebox playing in the commissary, Phil K meeting blimp and TEM for drinks in the Author's Lounge, and of course me asleep at a carrel where my writer's block has prevented me from producing more than 300 words over the past 2 years?

"If" indeed!!!

Y'all should just stop by sometime.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:37
njrick

Is this "real" library in England or America or on some astral plane?

opb
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:06
I think we get a clue, or possibly a less than subliminal hint about the decorative style of this august organ from the mahogany background on each of the library's pages. I don't notice soundproofed walls however when reading the particularly severe stories.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:02
@KatiePie

In answer to your question: a most emphatic "Yes!"

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:48
njrick

Thanks. That answers my question.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:29
@KatiePie

You're most welcome. Always glad to help.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:12
Actually I sort of picture it looking a lot like the library at Hogwart's. Maybe it's the British influence? Or just the general grandeur and flavor of it all?

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:32
The university I went to had two libraries. One was fairly new, sterile, functional with no soul at all. the other was an older building. It was known as the IT library, and was built in the 1920's. Mahogany shelves, old models of things like the solar system in the foyer. It had an old section with really old journals, ancient study carrels, and was deathly quiet, with that musty smell you expect in an old library. This was where I went to do serious studying, and before everyone had a computer, where I did much of my writing on research papers, back when writing was done in longhand, before typing it on the old Royal Standard typewriter. What memories. That is how I envision the brick and mortar LSF, with of course, suitable provisions for dealing with miscreants of all stripes.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 17 Jun 2020 15:27
If it were "really" real, I wouldn't expect a 'real' library to be sexualized, while containing sexual content is perfectly fine. For research purposes, I once traveled to New York City to use their Public Library. I have never seen a library more fitting to be called "a library." I was in awe to say the least. Any time someone mentions a 'proper' library; that's more or less what I envision.

There were windows, but not low enough to provide distractions from outside. The tables and chairs were not lightweight or cheaply made. They were heavy, solid, and ruggedly built to last many uses. It didn't smell musty at all, but you could smell the glues from the book-binding process, the smell of ink and parchment (paper). The muted staccato your shoes make on the tiled floor as you walk. The light fixtures on the tables with low lumen bulbs, and aimed downwards, all to reduce glare and eye strain while reading. Chandeliers. An impressively high ceiling, to reduce heat at ground level. Shelving units stacked two high. The wooden and stone architectural details of the building were simply eye candy, yet impressive none the less. The research area looked more like a posh bank, with 'tellers' behind wooden doweled windows.
And of course; books.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 8
roycon, telmac69
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9