Short BBC interview with an English Tradwife

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 7 May 2020 17:53
Brosse6
I agree. An interesting article with some nice little clips from old films. Interesting that they suggest a man spanking his wife is a relatively recent phenomenon and was possibly a way of infantilising domestic abuse.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#12 | Posted: 7 May 2020 18:09
KatiePie:
was possibly a way of infantilising domestic abuse.

Which is really how it is in many consensual M/F and F/M relationships, where the subordinate seeks to receive punishment as if they were a naughty child.

Whilst it is frowned upon today, I remember a good few incidents back in the 60/70/80s where a senior male in the home or office told a junior female that she was heading for a smacked bottom. I have no doubt in my mind that the senior male would have loved to perform that task.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#13 | Posted: 7 May 2020 18:21
Brosse6:
Which is really how it is in many consensual M/F and F/M relationships, where the subordinate seeks to receive punishment as if they were a naughty child.

Yes, that is often a desirable outcome in those relationships, for both participants. It makes things easier as well.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#14 | Posted: 7 May 2020 18:48
Often123:
Yes, that is often a desirable outcome in those relationships, for both participants. It makes things easier as well.

Absolutely Often123.

There has also been much debate around the issue of women forming happy relationships with a husband who replaces their authoritative and reliable father and men seeking a wife to replace their dominant and loving mother.

Dr Desmond Morris the respected ethologist talks about how boys and girls play happily as four year olds but then suddenly around five hate the opposite sex until puberty, when they return to playing similar 'kiss chase' games that they enjoyed as toddlers. The separation stage he claims is to stop us marry the boy/girl next door.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 7 May 2020 19:13
KatiePie:
I would also have strong objections to Glagla's suggestion of being spanked for the dinner not being up to standard or the beer not being cold enough.

It wasn't a suggestion, I was making a joke. I'm sorry that I didn't express myself in a manner that made that clear. Maybe the joke was dumb. I don't think that many adults are spanked, neither now, nor were back then, unless they want to, but this page is about silly dreams where such things happen, as are my stories.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 7 May 2020 19:58
My daughter-in-law was in the UK "Daily Mail" recently, believe it or not! She was in a feature about stay-at-home mums who loved doing all the housework stuff whilst their husbands put in a day's work at the office - she was featured with about ten times as much make-up as she normally wears caked across her face holding a vacuum cleaner or suchlike. Well, it gave us all a laugh and actually gave her some money.

A few months down the line and Daddy, who is an airline pilot and normally earns a six-figure salary, is stuck at home with the kids because nobody's flying whilst stay-at-home Mummy is being very unglamorous working a temporary job in a supermarket to make ends meet.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 7 May 2020 20:10
mobile_carrot
I'd go and find the article but I don't want to click on the Daily Fail.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 7 May 2020 20:13
I also think the 1950s were unutterably crap and not at all glamorous for 99% of people. Everybody seemed to wear long raincoats all the time and try to look just like their parents, the music was possibly the worst ever with all those appalling crooners, the food was vile and often rationed, and nobody ate out anyway, cities were covered in deadly smog in the winter because most people had coal fires and industry churned out filth with no limit, but most people also poisoned their own lungs with smoking. You could pay a huge sum of money to buy a massive wooden television which showed one grainy channel in black and white. If a married woman wanted to work her pay was classed as her husband's and taxed accordingly. In the UK we'd supposedly won a war but had lost the peace. But I'm sure there was plenty of spanking ...

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#19 | Posted: 7 May 2020 20:14
There is a false belief that so called 'progress' is linear and continually builds upon itself. However history shows us that on a regular basis there is a reset, where society reverts back to the values and ideas of the past and re-evaluates them, before proceeding in a different direction from those basic tenets. The Tradwife may be such a reset.

If Feminist theory is about women 'being what they want to be', then there is nothing inconsistent about a woman choosing to be a Tradwife.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#20 | Posted: 7 May 2020 20:28
mobile_carrot:
I also think the 1950s were unutterably crap and not at all glamorous for 99% of people.

I had many older friends years ago who in the 50s were Teddy Boys, did National Service and had outside toilets, and they all thought their teenage years were far better than mine where in the 1960s.

I would hate to be a teen now, and I have no regrets about my past, it was what it was, and we had a lot of fun.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
Eclaris, Hotscot, sethron, spanksandsuch
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9