LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

History of the World on spanking

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 29 Apr 2020 20:32
There was a short article in the latest issue of the Swedish magazine "History of the world", regarding "a spanking madman that plagued London" in 1681. This is probably known to you Brits already, but I hadn't heard of it. The article was about a "serial-spanker" known as "Whipping-Tom" (I don't know the original name, I'm just translating from Swedish here). Apparently, he ambushed lone women, forced them across his lap, raised their skirts and let it rip on their buttocks with his hand or with a "stick" (could translate into cane as well). When finally done, he yelled "spanko!" and ran. Two men were convicted for the crimes, but it's uncertain if they were guilty. Now, what confused me was the title. It read "Spanking madman..." I've tried and tried again to figure out what was mad about this, but to me it seems as if he was quite a reasonable fellow.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#2 | Posted: 29 Apr 2020 20:48
Yes I had read of this bloke's exploits before, but always thought it was surprising that it made news considering all the things that went on in London in the 17thC.

I suppose it just proves that the UK's appallingly bad journalism has always existed.

The Sun - "Phantom spanker hailed as a Brexit hero."
The Guardian - "Evil White Patriarchy to blame for spanking craze."
The Daily Express - "Princess Diana was once spanked."
The Daily Mail - "Spanker believed to be illegal immigrant on benefits."

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 30 Apr 2020 16:40
It's a pity he didn't use a certain popular item of footwear so we could dub him "Jack the Slipper"

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#4 | Posted: 30 Apr 2020 17:09
I remember Jack Slipper.

Jack Slipper (1924–2005) was a Detective Chief Superintendent in the Metropolitan Police in London. He was known as "Slipper of the Yard" (referring to Scotland Yard). He was mainly known for his role in investigating the Great Train Robbery of 1963, and in tracking down Ronnie Biggs after he escaped from prison in 1965, although he had to leave Brazil without Biggs.

opb
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 30 Apr 2020 19:22
Glagla:
it seems as if he was quite a reasonable fellow

Ah, there is the point. His madness was that he ran off without leaving the ladies his calling card so that they could contact him for further spankings.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 1 May 2020 11:20
AlanBarr: "Jack the Slipper". I love it - best laugh I have had for weeks.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 1 May 2020 23:16
BashfulBob:
"Jack the Slipper"

You should really write a historical spanking story on that...

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 4
Adam4824, canth256, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9