The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A new challenge: COVID-19

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 22 Apr 2020 19:46
I agree with others that the way to do a current event story is to write them and send them into the library for posting on the site. The staff does an awesome job and we should all give them our thanks for the great service they provide the readers.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:37
kdpierre:
The regular 'business as usual' spanking stories get predictable after a while.

I like Teresa's idea of an 'exhibition'. Like many authors I miss the Challenges, so this sounds like a possible compromise (although I would like to hear the views of Flopsy and Februs as it would presumably have workload implications for them). However, I think I will probably give this particular one a miss for the reason kdpierre mentions, namely that I personally find it very difficult to think beyond the predictable story line (i.e. someone breaks the isolation guidelines or is caught hoarding and then gets punished (presumably with a very long cane)). I also have reservations because I personally think spanking stories should be fun, and I cannot think of anything even vaguely amusing about Covid-19. However, that is just me. It will be interesting to see what more inventive minds come up with. Good luck with it.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 13:07
BashfulBob:
personally find it very difficult to think beyond the predictable story line (i.e. someone breaks the isolation guidelines or is caught hoarding and then gets punished

Well my offering is now in the library but I'm afraid that it's the very predictable someone breaks the isolation guidelines. I hope you manage to like it despite its predictability.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 14:32
BashfulBob:
I also have reservations because I personally think spanking stories should be fun, and I cannot think of anything even vaguely amusing about Covid-19. However, that is just me. It will be interesting to see what more inventive minds come up with.

Hey there, Bob. I agree with one point but not the other. Some of my favorite stories in the library feature spankings while dealing with deeper, intricate, and sometimes even tragic themes. But each time I've injected a theme with tragedy, even death, I have gotten a fair share of comments that disapprove.

In my opinion, writing is meant to be creative and artistic, exploring themes that are true to the human condition...........even when there is a spanking featured. I currently have a solid idea for a spanking story with an underlying Holocaust theme.....and yet, it is not without its charm or message. I haven't written it all yet, just the outline and the historical research to get my facts right, but I am going to finish it when the mood hits.

For now, I will admit that I have a solid idea for a Covid-19 story......but if I'm honest, I know I won't write it. So, here is the idea for anyone who wants to give it a shot. Feel free to use it.

A middle-aged, single and guilt-repressed man, still living at home with his elderly mother, has fantasized about spanking all of his life. An online relationship suddenly opens an opportunity where a woman is willing to meet him and have a session......but she will only be in town for a short window and that window coincides with this current outbreak.

Torn but desperate, he decides to do it. They meet, and using some protective masks and stuff, they play and have a great time. He enjoys the session and takes every precaution to have done so as safely as possible. A few days after, his mother comes down with symptoms, is hospitalized and dies. He is ravaged with guilt that he is responsible. He contacts the woman who claims to have has no symptoms just like him. But without testing who knows? Did he carry it from her? The supermarket? Did it come from somewhere else? The whole point is that he is prone to guilt and this has emotionally drained him, but should he feel guilty over one particular indulgence that might not even be the cause and where plenty of other causes are just as likely to be what brought the virus into his house?

(It's an exploration of a person, their dependency, their shame over wanting spanking in their life, and their repression due to guilt. And......there's a spanking in it.)

opb
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 15:31
I applaud the story, KDP, even though it has not been written.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 15:50
opb:
I applaud the story, KDP, even though it has not been written.

Thanks, opb. Use it! It's free for whoever wants it. (You don't even need to put "from an idea by...." in the author credit! Though it would be nice LOL!)

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:56
To kdpierre: My wording was probably misleading, so just to clarify I do not think ALL spanking stories need to be fun or uplifting. I was referring to the type of story I feel comfortable writing. There is of course scope for more serious stories that are poignant or which provoke thought about complex issues. Your story line provides an excellent example of poignancy. However, I personally would not feel comfortable writing a story about a man who suffers the double whammy of losing his mother and then suffering from guilt afterwards, although I can appreciate that in the hands of a more skillful writer it could be a great story. Perhaps if there is an aspiring Dostoevsky out there they might take up your offer.

To KatiePie: Your story is proof that stories, even if 'predictable', can still be very enjoyable. Despite knowing what was going to happen (you more or less spell out the plot in the title), and despite the context, I found this to story to be uplifting and a joy to read.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 24 Apr 2020 14:15
BashfulBob

teresasimpson
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 25 Apr 2020 06:50
KatiePie:
Well my offering is now in the library

Good job Katie. Good read.

I submitted my story a short time ago. Though, some will call it predictable which I agree.

Tess

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 28 Apr 2020 01:42
Given how narrow a sub-genre 'corona-related spanking story' is, I'm beginning to worry that someone will come up with the same plot as I have - before mine gets added to the Library!
Mind you, I don't think kdpierre's story idea would have occurred to me, so perhaps I'm worrying unnecessarily...!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 9
DenseWall, sammyb2, windar1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9