The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Jillian Keenan Spanking apologist

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
dancingstupid
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:06
I read it right when it came out. Really enjoyed it, but more for the open and rank discussion of her life experiences than the Shakespeare stuff. Very neat perspective and awesome to see someone living some open and honestly. However, I did not know about the Youtube videos, I'll have to check that out, for sure. I've seen some of reporting on non spanking related stuff too. Seems like a great person. Would love to meet her sometime. Oh and yeah I did the dictionary thing as a kid in elem. school. I've read other ppl say it was something they did, but so amazing now. At the time I was just real confused and would have assumed i was the only one in the world.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 5 Mar 2020 02:32
Absolutely outstanding. I have not have the luck to run into someone else who talks so freely on the subject, gives open minded ideas and provides encouragement. I haven't seen much else on the Internet like this, but her presentations are to me the best by far. It's great to see that public acceptance is growing to the extent that it's now "normal" to have a channel on this kink. I hope nothing backfires on her.

tamerfaryak
Male Member

Egypt
#23 | Posted: 16 Sep 2021 21:32
Revisiting (well, more like late-visiting, I haven't posted here before) this thread to share the consensus appreciation of Jillian Keenan.

I just like to add that her unwavering commitment to not only fight for the right of consensual, adult spanking to be accepted, but also against that which should not be named type of spanking to be outlawed is admirable.

I've done my fair share of reading, and at times participating to, spanko conversation, and if there is one controversial topic that someone seeks popularity would shy from contributing to, it is the advocacy to limiting spanking to consensual adults. And I particularly appreciate her commitment to that topic.

spinther
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 01:16
Coming very late to this topic, but I'm glad I stumbled on it, as I'd not heard of Ms. Keenan until today. Watched one YouTube video today that was eminently sane and frank and grown-up about this powerful and yes, usually highly sexual (on some level) interest we all share in some way. I'll be listening to her book Sex With Shakespeare while walking the dog and wishing I'd met her when I was a younger man, but in any case wishing I could talk to her over a cup of tea about literature and life. Such vitality and clarity: heartening to see. I also relate because, like her, I've lived with chronic illness for many years; how that relates to having a spanking fetish is hard to say, but for me it somehow does.

prometheus
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 09:32
Sex With Shakespeare should be required reading for spankos and Shakespeare scholars - which is a wider overlap than may be assumed.
And I would like to reiterate that it doesn't matter if Jillian has posted a hundred photos of her spanking others, or a few lingerie pics, or posted her bottom all over the net then deleted it and asked people not to look for it. It is her body and her choice what to share. There is no hypocrisy in any of that, let alone what she does.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 14:05
tamerfaryak:
Revisiting (well, more like late-visiting, I haven't posted here before) this thread to share the consensus appreciation of Jillian Keenan.

I avoided this before, but "consensus appreciation" triggered a reaction in me to post. I am not in that consensus. Her information is a lot of "nothing new" yadda-yadda, popular because she is a kind of kinky Rachel Raye or Kelly Ripa and not a 300 pound, warty male with an eyepatch saying the exact same things with perhaps even the same degree of perkiness and maybe more insight.

I would be curious over what exactly she has said that came as a revelation to anyone here? Any significant new bit of information or suggested way of thinking that no one else has ever said? I'm curious.

Now, don't get me wrong. She is well-informed and lucid. I can't think of anything she said that I object to. And I'm sure that she might well be a very nice person. But her popularity for saying nothing new or special since the Greenes wrote "The Last Taboo" in the 70's, AND a lot of others since.......amazes me. Or maybe it doesn't. People tend to gravitate to her type.

So.......I am neither a fan nor a detractor. (What could one possibly object to about someone endorsing a kink I possess myself? ) But being young and cute and perky while saying the same-old/same-old elicits little but a yawn from me.

danjackson84
Male Member

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 16:21
kdpierre:
Her information is a lot of "nothing new" yadda-yadda

So my view is that a lot of what she says actually is new information, certainly new to me anyway. I think it helps that she focuses her discussion / commentary specifically on spanking and directs it towards spanking fetishists, rather than the broader BDSM community. I certainly can't recall coming across another content producer in the spanking community that has provided as much accessible commentary as Jillian, though I'd be happy to hear other suggestions of commentators I should follow!

Her material is also very well researched and presented, which provides for a deeper level of discussion (as opposed to a lot of anecdotal evidence, which is often what a lot of people tend to rely on).

kdpierre:
Any significant new bit of information or suggested way of thinking that no one else has ever said? I'm curious.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head (it's been a while since I read her book), though her comments around spanking being "innate, lifelong and unchosen" really helped me contextualise my fetish. It changed my perspective on my romantic and emotional needs, compared to how I felt for the 30 years before that which was basically just "read some stories on the internet and otherwise suppress these interests and desires".

What I've also appreciated is seeing her friends in her videos just having normal conversations about spanking as if it's no big deal. It's real, tangible, out of the shadows of the internet. Just everyday people hanging out and talking spanking.

And maybe that's it, maybe the information doesn't have to be new, maybe the information just needs to be presented in an accessible and humanising way.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 23:08
danjackson84
Try an internet search of spanking blogs. You'll find every aspect covered. And books? I think I had them all for a while there, but again, I'm sure a quick search will reveal an exhaustive list.

Your last line kind of proves my point: get a "Kinky Kelly Ripa" to talk spanking as if it was the most natural thing in the world and you'll get a booming fan base. Would you find the information as compelling if it was a 60+ average-to-plain male saying the exact same things?

I've been at this game a long long while. I began researching the topic in the 70's with anything I could get my hands on. Each decade has had its Greenes or Gloria Brame or Pat Califia or Jay Wiseman or Mitch Kessler & Gerrie Blum or.....well you get the idea. I feel like I've seen and heard it all......and maybe each bit of 'all' ten times over if not more. So when a 'new sensation' comes along, well, like I said.......I have nothing to say bad about her, but I haven't heard anything that came as a revelation.

tamerfaryak
Male Member

Egypt
#29 | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 23:59
kdpierre:
Would you find the information as compelling if it was a 60+ average-to-plain male saying the exact same things?

Absolutely.
I may be biased here, but I'd rather hear what she says from a 60+ below-average (looks wise, I assume) male regarding the topic of my previous comment - the pain she shows when speaking about her estranged mother spanking her as a child will send the wrong message to the "women are susceptible to psychosis unlike the stable men" crowd, when she makes her case against children being spanked (or state-sanctioned child-battery, as she calls it). I wish it was the politician-tier demographic (60+ males) instead making that argument. No on accuses those --even the ones with textbook psychotic disorders-- of being too hormonal or too emotional!

Now, is her message against spanking children unique and revolutionary? In general, no! But she's the only one I know of that makes the case that no only is this harmful to the child physically and psychologically, but it also has the potential of being sexually abusive. And this is a topic no one seems to want to talk about for some reason.

We, spankos, know that many of us develop sexual interest in spanking very early in life, often while the act -- if acceptable to be done by parents, teachers, etc. -- is still applicable to us. And more dangerously, we live in a world where sexual abuse of children is a palpable threat. And if there are individuals who derive sexual gratification from spanking adults -- us --, then unfortunately there are those who seek to spank children (theirs or others') for the same reason. And we could only be so nieve to assume that those monsters will NOT use the blanket excuse of "just spanking my kids here, move along, folks" to do that unspeakable crime.

Now, there are tons of pro-spanking-children "activists" out there who refuse to even acknowledge that grave possibility because to them, "those who are into spanking, consensually between adults or otherwise, are sick freaks that should be targeted and 'cured' in their entirety; leaving the 'normal folks' to exclusively use spankings for disciplining minors" - I think Jillian is one of very few, if not the only person, who dedicates time and effort to navigate those treacherous waters and actually make the case that the problem lies (among other sound objections) within the use of a method that's inherently sexual to a percentage of the population, to discipline children rather than the problem being in the ones finding spanking sexual in any capacity.

And speaking of the importance of lucidity and well-written and spoken messages... one can simply compare her style to mine to see the difference!
Also, there's something to be said about the availability and accessibility of YouTube videos and social media influencers' interactions... especially to the younger generations.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 18 Sep 2021 00:26
Thank you for that very specific reply. I will plead ignorance on her political stance on childhood spanking since I am only referencing the stuff I've seen her do covering the fetish aspect. However, on that childhood issue, I can see how your reply that you'd prefer someone less young and perky would make perfect sense. (I wonder how many others, especially in terms of her little YouTube fetish discussions feel the same when she speaks on that area? LOL)

tamerfaryak:
Also, there's something to be said about the availability and accessibility of YouTube videos and social media influencers' interactions... especially to the younger generations.

Well, again LOL.......you speak of a trend that extends well beyond Keenan and spanking. You can have a great song from the past get redone in a half-assed way, but because the song is so good it still works and young people will proclaim the insipid cover artist a musical genius. It would also be like taking all of the serious historical works ever written by a multitude of devoted, dedicated, and very research-driven scholars and have some schmuck take their work, turn on their video camera, and do a perky You-Tube history lesson that would have a young audience again (if they even would WATCH a history video) drooling over the perceived genius.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 5
Kanchyk, magegod989
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9