library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Cloud storage suggestions

Charles52
Male Member

Canada
#1 | Posted: 17 Dec 2019 17:29
I (like, I assume, many others) have a fairly large collection of pictures and videos. I would like to find a way to sync them all across two computers, and access them from my mobile. Cloud storage is the obvious answer, but I have heard that most or all of the various services forbid any sort of adult material. Has anyone found a particular cloud storage service that is friendly (or at least neutral) to such material?

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:37
Mine are all on an external/removable 80GB hard drive which I can access on my home network from any connected device, can't you do that? Also I can if I wanted access the drive from anywhere in the world via my vpn
I have password protected the drive though!

Charles52
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2019 04:31
I'm not sufficiently tech-savvy to accomplish this. I do not have a home network nor a VPN. One of these days, maybe. With cloud storage so easy and cheap, I thought it would be good solution, but I don't want to get into trouble with the Powers That Be.

Ramus
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 20 Dec 2019 16:24
Would the cloud storage companies know what content is stored? Surely, they are not reading every that is stored? And I thought that everything was encrypted before you sent it to the cloud.

I have always been dubious about backing up any sensitive company information such as banking documents on the cloud but I understand that a lot of people do it.

Grixster
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 20 Dec 2019 23:37
My 'stuff' is on a couple of Google drives... Three years in and no problems.

But, perhaps I've just been lucky 😊

maelstr0m
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 17 Jan 2020 15:55
If you use an external disk (hard disk or solid-state disk) and copy all the files onto the external disk, you can use a software program named "FreeFileSync" to compare the file contents of the two disks (it shows you the differences between the two disks or just two folders and allows you to synchonize them. You can search online for "FreeFileSync", and there is a version for Windows, Linux, and two others.

You need to be careful about which folders you compare. If you forget that you changed the name of a folder, you can end up with multiple folders with different names and identical contents.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 17 Jan 2020 17:55
I am not sure if cloud services inspect what is stored, but even if they do you could encrypt the files before sending them and then unencrypt them again after downloading them on your other device. There should be no problem even if the cloud service provider encrypts them again in transit. I do this with with sensitive (although non-adult) files using Dropbox.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 12
DEllis, FlorianP, stevenr, Trajan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9