LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Counting

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
markuk
Male Member

England
#21 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 17:18
That said I have written two stories. Mr 'Spanker' Stewart's Detention Duty and The Mixed Up Envelopes under the name Mark Britain. Both these stories feature punishments with counting.

But I do have a difficulty writing stories with counting and making them not sound completely the same and too boring.

Crack "One thank you sir"
Crack "Two thank you sir"
Crack "Three thank you sir" etc.

That indeed is why, even though I have written a few plot outlines and drafts of stories no third story has been published here.

What do you think is the best way to write a counting punishment (usually caning for my stories) without it becoming too repetitive and boring?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 18:40
markuk:
What do you think is the best way to write a counting punishment (usually caning for my stories) without it becoming too repetitive and boring?

While I don't generally employ counting (out loud, anyway), except possibly for sorority-based stories, you could try 'skipping ahead' without describing every stroke:

SWIISH-SWAP!! The cane cracked across Paul's tender exposed undercheeks. "Ahhhh! One, ma'am..."
SWIISH-SWAP!! The second whipping lash landed barely above the first, leaving a parallel stripe. "Owwww! Two, ma'am..."

Betsy continued the highly hurtful caning at a measured pace, as its recipient struggled to keep his hands grasping his ankles and enumerate the blazing-hot strokes through his increasingly loud blubbering.

SWIISH-SWAP!! "Ahhowwww! Twuh-Twelve, mah-ma'am..."

That's my suggestion, I took the liberty of converting it into an F/M scenario, of course...

--C.K.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 16 Nov 2019 23:53
As I'm in my sixties as are most of my spanko friends, counting off for a birthday spank is hard work and often results in starting over. I can't imagine writing a story about a bottom my age, because ... ugh.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:39
markuk:

There's always a danger of repetitiveness in describing an implement-based punishment of several strokes/swats, even when counting isn't involved. Having conveyed a couple of times the sound of a stroke/swat, its effect on the bottom, and the spankee's physical and verbal responses, it's hard to avoid sameness thereafter - hence, as CrimsonKidCK says, the need to 'skip ahead'.

Making the spankee count their strokes (forcing them to speak) has the benefit of revealing, through their voice, the degree of pain they're in. I, for one, find this quite erotic. Perhaps you could use description of the counting, then, as a way of conveying the spankee's gradual descent from brave forbearance at the first to agonised croaking at the sixth. This might work best if it's the spanker's perspective that is foregrounded in the narrative (assuming it's third-person).

The cane swished and struck. She gasped and bent at the knees before straightening up obediently.

"One, sir," she announced boldly to the carpet, a breathiness in her voice the only admission of discomfort.

He laid on the second, enjoying the suppressed squeak that followed hotfoot on the sound of stick on soft flesh. After a panting pause, her voice quavered as she acknowledged, "Two, sir," through gritted teeth.

At the third, she squealed, the insides of her knees rubbing as she wriggled her bottom. Stilling herself, she panted hard before a decidedly self-piteous "Three, sir," emerged groaning from her up-turned head.

etc.

opb
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:47
I don't think I have ever used counting but there again I always skip ahead anyway because unlike many here I think that the interest in a spanking story is in how the characters got to the point where this strange thing is happening. Having said that I do like describing the bottom and the effect the smacks have on it.

mianders
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:22
Counting in real-life discipline punishments seems very rare, therefore it's not something I would want to write or read. But not everyone prefers realism.

markuk
Male Member

England
#27 | Posted: 17 Nov 2019 15:06
opbI unlike many here I think that the interest in a spanking story is in how the characters got to the point where this strange thing is happening..

I agree. The best part of a spanking story I like to write is how the vilanous spanker manipulated the spankee into receiving the spanking.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#28 | Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:31
Counting within spanking fiction for me has a wealth of possible reasons as has been mentioned by other posters, merely the spankee having to in effect take a active part in receiving of the cp strokes is for me quite exciting, another level of control the spanker has over the spankee.

Within spanking fiction the describing of the actual counting, requires level of skill/imagination by the author to prevent a repetitive more of same feeling being created.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:25
RosieCheeks:
Counting within spanking fiction for me has a wealth of possible reasons as has been mentioned by other posters, merely the spankee having to in effect take a active part in receiving of the cp strokes is for me quite exciting, another level of control the spanker has over the spankee.

Agreed--the idea of the spankee having to enable his/her own punishment, to be complicit in his/her preparation to be spanked, strikes me as being quite compelling, especially if the discipline is either nonconsensual (parent/offspring, teacher/pupil, babysitter/child, governess/charge, etc.) or somewhat reluctantly consensual.

Actions such as retrieving implements, moving or positioning necessary furniture or other accessories (e.g., pillows on a bed), removing and/or adjusting clothing to expose his/her posterior, formally requesting corporal correction, assuming an optimal spanking-recipient position as instructed by the spanker, especially counting the stinging licks and even thanking one's chastiser (during and/or after the session), all are enabling behaviors by which the spankee demonstrates his/her acceptance of the ass-thrashing--or at least his/her realization that it can't be avoided.

In some spanking situations the enumerating of strokes by their recipient doesn't seem to work very effectively, however there are others (notably involving canings, heavy strappings and sorority-style paddlings) where it does make considerable sense, thus adding to the account's appeal...

--C.K.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 19 Nov 2019 18:38
Counting can certainly provide a mean-spirited or sadistic spanker opportunity to prolong the punishment, by not counting spanks not called out correctly, or starting over from the beginning.
Remember a letter in Mr magazine(where else) where a girl got sentenced to twenty paddle swats by her cousin, but missed so many she ended up with 35!

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 11
aaron2, BigWillie550, dund93, molvo1, PGreenham, pitterpot, Spankking, studio2, tedb8335, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9