LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The hell with commenting, I'm done.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Eric
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 01:41
I get bitched at when I din't comment enough, whatever that is, and when I do it is rejected for reasons unknown to me. So to save everybody the trouble of rejecting mine I will no longer do any, since it's pointless.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 07:11
Um, I've made 1404 comments and it does work. And if you comment on one of my stories I try to reply to you.

If you want a comment to go through, say something like:
"I loved the part where <character X> realized that she wasn't wearing panties."
or something else that references the action in the story.

Edited to add:
This link can explain things better. Including the 1:500 ratio

https://www.thespankinglibrary.org/index.php?func=help

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#3 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 07:27
As an aside, I submitted a story a few weeks ago and haven't hear anything, even though I posted a follow up question.

Can someone please tell me at least that you have received it or if there is a problem with it of any sort?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 12:18
Eric:
I get bitched at when I din't comment enough, whatever that is, and when I do it is rejected for reasons unknown to me. So to save everybody the trouble of rejecting mine I will no longer do any, since it's pointless.

I think you'll find it's primarily you who is doing the bitching and we have numerous emails from you complaining about commenting and saying you were no longer going to subscribe or use the site. We currently have over quarter of a million comments so clearly the vast majority of people are not having an issue.

Brosse6:
As an aside, I submitted a story a few weeks ago and haven't hear anything, even though I posted a follow up question.

Can someone please tell me at least that you have received it or if there is a problem with it of any sort?

There are only 2 of us managing the site and our personal circumstances at present are such that we have very little time available. That the site is still up and running at all is about the best we can manage at present. if you've emailed us a submission then we will have got it and I'm sure it will be loaded in due course or we'll let you know if there's an issue.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#5 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 12:21
Many thanks Eric

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 15:05
Eric:
I get bitched at when I din't comment enough, whatever that is, and when I do it is rejected for reasons unknown to me.

I've made near on 3000 comments and as far as I recall I've yet to have one rejected. So I can't help wondering if you're perhaps being just a tad tactless now and then...?

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 15:55
Strange because I have been off-site for 6 months, but came back on & commented and got positive feedback straight away.
I stand with PhilK on this one.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 18:04
Eric:
I get bitched at when I din't comment enough, whatever that is, and when I do it is rejected for reasons unknown to me.

When you say your comments are rejected, do you mean they are rejected for being inappropriate (if so presumably some reason would be given) or 'rejected' by the system meaning they do not go through because of some technical glitch? If the latter, then I suspect the problem must be at your end because I don't remember ever having a comment not getting posted. (I am a long way behind Philk, but I have still managed over 2,000).

Brosse6:

My impression is there is currently a large backlog due to the administrators being under a lot of pressure from other sources. Just be patient - in my experience you will receive an acknowledgement in due course and your story will eventually appear.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 14:34
Usually about every 20th of my comments seem to go astray, but I think it's something with the uploading. I have to wait until the BL icon shows, unless it does, the comment hasn't come through. Sometimes it just loads for ages and never shows. It's become much better this year though. Two years ago, about every fifth of my comments went astray, but I just submitted them again until the stuck. It can sometimes be difficult with computers I know, so I just try and try again until it works.

Do try to comment, it is the life blood for many authors and I always comment on every single story I read. Even if it didn't appeal to me, there is always something encouraging to say, about the style, the theme, what can be changed or improved on, or just to present ideas for a sequel.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#10 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 18:23
Brosse6:
Many thanks Eric

Sorry, I misread the poster's name. I should have said thank you Februs

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
Adrian, Alef, phillipuk, RogerHunt, widehide51
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9