LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Reefer Madness Comics

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 19 May 2018 21:07
A few weeks ago I bought Reefer Madness Comics. a trade paperback reprinting anti drug stories that appeared in precode comic books (before 1955.) One of the stories is I Was A Musician's Girl, which first appeared in Sweethearts #122. There is a scene in which a woman named Louise is arguing with a man named Ted over whether marajuana is harmful.
Louise: "All those stories about being harmed by marajuana is the bunk!"
Ted: "It's the sad truth, Louise! Amd if you ever touch the stuff, you should be spanked---hard!"
No actual spanking in this story, but it did have that reference. I just thought the readers of LSF would want to know.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 20 May 2018 20:42
Have you ever seen Reefer Madness the Musical?

There's a bit of "girl turned on by reefer spanking a guy" action, but mostly it's an over the top treatment of the original movie.

Remember kids - the worst thing about Heroin is that it can serve as a gateway drug for reefer! (At least recording to the musical).

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 23 May 2018 03:55
Once pot became somewhat mainstream among youth, back in the day, renting "Reefer Madness" for a party and then watching it stoned was plain and simply hilarious. Hell, even LSD wasn't as bad as they portrayed pot and LSD was some really powerful shit. This I know from experience. Strange as hell that things are moving so slowly here in the states. We should send all our scumbag politicians over to Copenhagen for a fact-finding study on why folks over there can sit on a streetside café and smoke pot openly but not in the land of the free. They might never want to come back home to their handlers, the lobbyists. That would be a good thing. Churches and giant corporations simply own all of those reprobates.

Oh, one more thing. Psychology Today, a magazine back in the 60s, mentioned that a much larger percentage of people moved to heroin from liquor rather than pot. I can definitely understand that, having seen so many alcoholics being unable to escape their situation. Sad that so many cannot handle stone sobriety. Moderation is the key, be grateful if you are so lucky as to be even somewhat moderate.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 24 May 2018 02:49
Goodgulf:
Reefer Madness the Musical

I love that film so much.

On one hand, its basically an easier-to-follow version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with much of the same appeal.

On the other, its a hilarious parody of the original.

And, on a hypothetical third, it wins irony points for being a cautionary tale about cautionary tales.

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 8
alessan, andy356, Balor, Bertram103, brushonthebare, Capnsmack, chris27, Clarity, Forrange, FredKey, hundjager, preston27, reargunner
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9