The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Comments

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 Nov 2017 02:04
To those who write comments on stories, this new author thanks you. I love to read the comments, sometimes they give me ideas for new stories, sometimes they make me aware of mistakes I've made, sometimes they just help make me a better writer, at least I hope they do. Anyway, I know I enjoy reading what others think of my work, and I'm sure most if not all the authors on this site feel the same way.

So, take a moment and make a comment, you really are helping you know. I read each and every one of them on my stories, and I read others on other stories also, to see if they got what I did from it.

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 22:48
Great point stevenr. Yes, I believe all authors enjoy receiving comments on their work. I know I do. Comments absolutely help out with numerous aspects of the story writing process.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#3 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 00:59
Had a little bit of a being like a kid in a sweet shop when first joined LSF, shamefully looked a lot but did not comment as much as i should.

However now endeavour to leave a few words in comments, as if author gone to effort of writing a story, a few brief moments on my part to comment is the least i can do.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 03:26
When I'm feeling down, comments help lift me up.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 04:04
Yeah, I was a slacker on this site for several years before I ever left a comment. Once I became an author it made me appreciate them and now I try to leave a message with every story.

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 04:14
Comments may well be the living breathing heart of the LSF ...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 04:30
If one looks at the statistics over the last 12 months comments are down from last year and continues to drop. Many do their best, but more readers need to comment. I have found authors have a low comment ratio as well, so no one group is exempt.

Our theme is 'Read Lots, Write Lots, Comment More'. We do well at the first 2 parts and not so good at the 3rd.

CS

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 05:25
Comments. While NOTHING does more to lift my sagging spirits as an author, and while most comments are either generally complimentary or story-specific.....or both, some comments fall into a sort of comment-limbo. And while even unflavored white rice is better than no food at all, a truly gratifying or helpful comment, or one that specifically mentions a particular flourish of language or phrasing, is the one that makes a difference to me. It is also the type of comment that readers are encouraged to leave .....if one reads the little blurb from the site administrators on comments being something substantial.

Over the years I have gotten many kinds of comments, some very nice and very encouraging, some not that nice, and others that make me scratch my head. Here are a few examples of comment styles I have seen using "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" as the piece being evaluated. (See if you have seen these kinds of comments as well.)

Comment style #1, [Plain praise]: "Great story! Well written. I love bears." Nice, but not terribly helpful. It does make you inexplicably glad you chose bears over wallabies though.

Comment Style #2, [Dismissal]: "Goldilocks is guilty of breaking and entering. It is unnatural for innocent blonde girls to do such a terrible thing." Not so nice, equally unhelpful. And also shows the commenter doesn't really know blonde girls as well as they think.

Comment Style#3, [the Non-comment Comment]: "Great idea. The bears should have had a lock on their door, but Goldilocks probably still would have found a way in." You see this type a lot. While they are specific to the story, they really just repeat something obvious while offering no actual input on how the story was written or the point behind it. Whenever I get one of these I think the commenter is just trying to bolster their commenting score as quickly and effortlessly as possible......while being utterly noncommittal on whether the piece is any good.

Comment Style #4 [A Real Comment]: "I liked how you made the bears the victims of the human intruder instead of the other way around. And the rhythmic repetition of how each thing was evaluated as too one extreme, too the other extreme, or just right, set up a pattern that ran throughout the story. Very creative." These make my day. I don't even mind if a comment like this is critical. ( e.g. "Perhaps the story would be better if Goldilocks came with a sister who behaved more responsibly to sort of contrast the two." ) It doesn't matter if the comment is inherently positive or critical. The crucial aspect is that the reader saw and understood what the author was doing and then gave an evaluation of it.

At the end of the day, as I said, something is better than nothing, and way too many readers here leave nothing. So I don't want to make too much fun of those who do leave some sort of comment. But if you are an author yourself and you have a working brain, challenge yourselves to leave #4-style comments whenever possible. They really can be the highlight of an author's day.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 20:23
The best comment I ever received (from a wonderful German woman):

Wow
This story is brilliant
I liked the spanking and the full-stop at the end
You should be published
Marry me

I should add, however, that all comments are always most gladly received, even those without marriage proposals.

blimp
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 29 Nov 2017 23:02
TheEnglishMaster:
Wow
This story is brilliant
I liked the spanking and the full-stop at the end
You should be published
Marry me

Be careful she only wants you for your imagination TEM!

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
danjackson84, haganbrns, PGreenham
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9