LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Psychological differences between the sexes

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#41 | Posted: 19 Oct 2010 04:07
This thread proves the diversity within a minority.

I have been around and I am no innocent. Yet my personal experience has left me with a bundle of contradictions that are tricky to explain. I would agree that bottoms and bottom-oriented switches outnumber Tops "in the scene". In this group I have found the gender split to be more equal than mentioned here, but my data is anecdotal and not outside the margin for error. However, I have also had the opportunity to be privately involved with a number of women who were primarily curious vanillas with a strong urge to experiment. This experimentation almost unanimously followed this pattern: they either harbored submissive fantasies that they never acted on to any great degree prior to me or were intrigued by the thrill they felt when I explained power play with them. The next step invariably involved me teaching by Topping or at the very least regularly switching. At some point, given my own leanings and sense of thorough instruction, I introduced them to the idea of being Dominant. In every instance the woman in question began to gravitate on their own urges to be the more frequent or exclusive Dominant. The only people I was ever involved with that remained true to their original inclination as either total Top or total bottom were those who were not previously vanilla and already had significant experience.

So, how do I explain why most female spanking readers are M/f-oriented subs and yet most of the women who had an opportunity to actually play as Top or sub tended eventually to Dominant roles? I can only speculate that perhaps the "need" to experience a submissive thrill in a bottom is strong enough to coax otherwise more reluctant females to read M/f stories whereas the thrill in Dominating is something that women prefer to "do" rather than read about. Few of the female Tops I knew read any type of spanking story whereas the experienced female bottoms all did quite regularly.

So here's my personal though utterly unscientific conclusion:

-Bottoms of both genders outnumber Tops.

-There are probably more male Tops than female Tops.....or at least wannabe Male Tops.

-Active Tops of both genders however probably read less and probably even think and fantasize less than bottoms of either gender being creatures of action more than fantasy.

-Still, men of either orientation are more apt to read erotica than women.....especially if they are unable to act on their desires in real life.

-So.......M/f stories will always be more popular in a "Spanking Library" because Male Tops will read them and female subs will read them while only very few female Tops will read a F/m story, leaving just the sub men to read those.

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 13
ahowell208, BOROGAV, brettchad, Kooboostroke, lordashik, plowable, SallyG
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9