The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Psychological differences between the sexes

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 29 Jul 2010 19:20
In my own marriage, the pattern is this - I am turned on most by male on female spanking, although I like the other three variations as well. I also a very fond of disciplinary cp where the spankee is younger than the spanker - often it is cp in a school setting. But my wife is not interested in *any* spanking or cp at all. She is strictly vanilla.

Of course sexual tastes are individual. I just wondered if there are any patterns, such as the one that heterosexuality is much more common than homosexuality, to take an obvious example.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 02:17
Sarah89:
I agree with SNM. Many women do get turned on by M/M romance, with or without spanking.

I used to be really into fanfiction, particularly Harry Potter fanfic. Of course I've looked up just about every HP fanfic involving spanking. About 80% of them are M/M. The rest are pretty much M/F, with the odd F/F or F/M story here and there. Nearly all of it is written by women.

That's certainly true about the HARRY POTTER spanking fanfiction that I've been exposed to, there does some to be a strong M/M (or actually mostly M/m) bias to it.

I'm primarily F/M in my spanking reading/writing, and the embarrassment factor is pretty important to me--it seems to have become moreso as I've read (and written) spanking stories over the years.

I do believe that there's a difference in the general emotional tone of spanking stories (at least decently written ones) depending on the gender orientation (M/F, F/M, F/F or M/M) involved... --C.K.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 03:42
I guess I am turned on by the thought of the "stronger" male dominating the "weaker" female for the sake of his own, but also the femaleĀ“s, happiness. I suppose that I like to think that *both* the spanker and the spankee benefit from the act.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 04:10
The CF experience has been that there are a small but not insignificant number of women who enjoy m/m spanking stories and the same with men. The real imbalance comes with f/m stories, readership of which is overwhelmingly, though not 100%, male.
While I have no explanation for the latter, the former seems to me to be related to the fact that male gay sex is distinct from the other two combinations. Those of us who have read such epics as "Lust Swappers of Sin Street" know that the wives may engage in public sex for the amusement of the group, the males are allowed only to have sex with the women.

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 06:19
cfpub:
The real imbalance comes with f/m stories, readership of which is overwhelmingly, though not 100%, male.

Just wondering, how did you come to that conclusion? While it's not the most popular genre for females, I actually know a fair amount who like F/M.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 12:59
Sarah89:
While it's not the most popular genre for females,

What is the most popular genre for females?

While we are at it; do we have any idea of the relative numbers of male and female members here?

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 14:00
Sarah89:
cfpub:
The real imbalance comes with f/m stories, readership of which is overwhelmingly, though not 100%, male.

Just wondering, how did you come to that conclusion? While it's not the most popular genre for females, I actually know a fair amount who like F/M.

The conclusion comes from nearly 30 years of selling spanking stories by mail order.

Although you are correct that there are a number of women who like F/M, I have found it is usually and acquired taste, most of them grew up fantasizing about being spanked and only later in real life spanking relationships discovered that they could enjoy giving as well as receiving.

I am aware of a couple of exceptions to this generalization, but only a couple. As a side note, this does not seem to be true of S/M devotees, but this is an observation from the outside and I have no special knowledge here.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 14:20
Guy:
While we are at it; do we have any idea of the relative numbers of male and female members here?

Hi Guy

fyi:

male: 3331
female: 1346

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 16:03
galt54:
I guess I am turned on by the thought of the "stronger" male dominating the "weaker" female for the sake of his own, but also the femaleĀ“s, happiness. I suppose that I like to think that *both* the spanker and the spankee benefit from the act.

Well, as I stated in another thread, I prefer in reading (and tend to portray in writing) that any longstanding marital/romantic spanking relationship benefits both partners, albeit in different ways if it's one-sided--that's for ALL gender combinations (M/F, F/M, F/F & M/M).

I consider "strong" to be a psychological more than a physical description of the dominant partner in a spanking relationship in modern times (when a nonconsensual husband/wife bottom-warming is legally categorized as spousal abuse), although I don't believe that overall psychological "strength" is necessarily involved in such a mutually-accepted arrangement between adults. Sometimes a spanking relationship (marital, romantic, family-based or even friendship-oriented) simply works better with one person on the receiving end of chastisements (disciplinary and/or erotic and/or playful) and the other one wielding the seat-stinging implement(s), even though in overall "strength" of psyche they may be roughly equal or the spanker may even be "weaker." (I'm figuring this to be true in both RL situations and in fictional ones.)

I don't read historical romances (other than GONE WITH THE WIND) but my sweet spouse does, and she's told me that they occasionally include M/F spanking scenes in which the "stronger" (both physically and psychologically) male hero bends the "weaker" female protagonist to his will (as well as over his knee) and "tames" the woman "for her own good" (as well as his satisfaction) via a good sound spanking--the traditional patriarchal male dominance being thus expressed.

These scenes apparently appeal to many female readers (including non-spankophile ones) who prefer the old-style maledom/femsub romantic relationship, although my darling wife, who's basically vanilla, generally considers them slightly "abusive"--she has zero tolerance for physical discomfort and wouldn't personally consider a nonconsensual adult spanking as an act of affection or love.

"Different strokes," onviously... --C.K.

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 31 Jul 2010 17:29
Guy:
What is the most popular genre for females?

I think M/F. Despite all the talk of feminism and equality today, I've found that women still generally like the man to be the dominant one in a relationship.

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 11
dignan46, kanestrokes, smorboll, widehide51
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9