LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I write like ...

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 13:47
Uhhhh....not sure what to think about my analysis! I don't think my writing is like Stephen King's at all!! LOL....I like Stephen King however!!!

Katie B

FLN826
Female Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 16:49
You know, I consider myself to be fairly well read. Three different pieces of text told me I write like:

Margaret Atwood
James Joyce
Cory Doctorow

I've never heard of any of them.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:05
FLN826:
James Joyce

Oooo you would often find spanking in a James Joyce ;)

I've never heard of the other two though

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:54
Oh no! I pasted my latest (yet to be published) story into I Write Like and the verdict was that I write like Dan Brown! Say it ain't so! (Although it would be nice to make as much $$ as he does ....)

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#15 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:58
Cal33:
Say it ain't so!

LOL get it published so we can see then

It can't be bad if it comes with his bank balance and at least you had heard of your result, more than I had

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 20:15
Hmmm, apparently I write like Anne Rice (flattering - she's good)

and James Joyce (pants - he's boring)

I hereby vow not to write such boring stuff ever again

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 20:53
Margaret Atwood - she's had a bit of weirdness in some of her stories. Not so much spanking, but... Oryx and Crake was about a dysfunctional near future where there is very weird stuff. Another book The Handmaiden's Tale was made into a movie and centers around a different dysfunctional future.

Some of her stuff is very disturbing, but wonderfully written.

There's more about her at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Atwood - I haven't read many of her books, but she knows how to write.

Goodgulf

blimp
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 23:31
James Joyce boring? flopsy, its absolutely sacriligeous to say James Joyce is boring. Read the short stories in the Dubliners and then tell me he is boring. If you see the twentieth century literary greats in terms of the English Football Premiership James Joyce would be Man Untd! I wish"I Write Like" had told me I wrote like James Joyce. Not that I would be daft enough to believe it.

They couldn't make up there minds about whether I was Anne Rice or Charles Dickens. Well I suppose I should be flattered they didn't say Dan Brown!

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#19 | Posted: 23 Jul 2010 05:45
Goodgulf:
Some of her stuff is very disturbing, but wonderfully written.

Could not agree with you more Goodgulf! I think she's fabulous and after posting this I'm off to find out if there's anything in her anthology I haven't read ...

That being said I won the right to choose the first read for a make-your-friends-read-your-favorite-book book club and having picked The Handmaids Tale we never met again... (still, I think it saved me from The Mars Trilogy).

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 23 Jul 2010 08:28
Cory Doctorow mostly writes science fiction and fantasy. He's quite highly regarded. I believe Little Brother was his most recent release.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
Andrew14, Gem, gnilrow, goddan, laststraw, sks089, snowyowl779, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9