LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

You now have a VCR rating of..........

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 18:49
I didn't know that I had a VCR rating as I gave up video tape years ago and the machines that ran them. Rather ominously I found my rating at 19-1. That didn't sound to good but then I remembered that no one but me would ever know as only I could access that page. And those folks that are non-commenters would never even realize that they had a much poorer rating as they would never check their non existent comment page. I was relieved. That clever Februs.

edb
Male Author

Spain
#2 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 21:56
And I thought VCR meant 'very conscientious reader'.

At 39:1 I thought I was doing so well.

Oh, hum! Seems I must do better, or Miss Thrashbottom might have something to say!

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 23 Jul 2010 05:21
VCR Rating??? Where the heck does one find THAT???

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 23 Jul 2010 23:32
It's been difficult and arduous but I have decreased my VCR to 16 - 1. Does that mean I get to spank Linda? A glass of cheap Sherry? A lollipop paddle with Kilihara logo?

builderperv
Male Member

Ireland
#5 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 03:22
VCR Rating ????

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 04:15
The librarians covered this in a previous post, and I'm sure they will chime in if I get something wrong.

VCR = View to Comment Ratio.

If you read 500 stories and post one comment, you have VCR rating of 500:1. If you view 500 stories and make 50 comments then you have a VCR rating of 10:1 (the math is done for you). If you post dozens of stories your VCR rating is turned off, otherwise once you hit a certain ratio you can only view so many stories a day until you improve your VCR rating.

It's a way of encouraging people to leave comments, which are the only form of payment the authors get.

Goodgulf
(whose VCR rating is around 12:1)

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 21:57
So, how do I find out what my VCR rating is. I'm sure it could use improving.

runcy
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 22:58
I must admit that I have a poor VCR rating, but in my defence when I first started using the library I did not disable my "interclue" so some stories that I haven't read have been clocked up, due totaly to my lack of pc knowhow.
I am now commenting more, as I appreciate any comments we recieve so feel obliged to now do like-wise.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 23:49
It's been hard and a bit crazy but I'm smug, eerrrr.....proud I mean to relate that in an effort to set a good example my VCR is at 7-1.

For those who don't know where to find your VCR rating go to 'latest' and open it up. Then open up your comments page and the rating is at the top.

All of you readers that don't leave these splendid authors comments on their work may now have a moment of shame.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 1 Nov 2010 02:57
twisted8:
All of you readers that don't leave these splendid authors comments on their work may now have a moment of shame.

At this point, I WOULD suggest that non-commenting patrons read the story "An Unappreciative Reader Learns Her Lesson" by one Rick Marlowe, but as that would be pure unadulterated, unabashed self-promotion, I won't.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 9
averam300, CarolinaPaddler, Filbert74, fkbr, magegod989, nickw6666, Solomono, valentin
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9