LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Editing Favorites

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
lvancisic1
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 5 Jun 2017 23:25
Is there a way to remove some stories that I designated as favorites to make way for stories I like better.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 5 Jun 2017 23:27
You've already asked this question just a couple of days ago and Spankedjenny responded - see the Help Desk sub-forum.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 6 Jun 2017 00:14
Can I just punch in a question here? Does this mean that there is a limited number of possible favorites, meaning that the more stories we have on-line, the less they'll get as an average? I mean, 1000 stories fighting for the same number of favorites as 30 000 stories, eventually there will be no favorites left to dish out. And if someone revokes their favorite, does it mean that the total amount of favorites that a story has will drop?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 6 Jun 2017 02:03
The Favourites function is intended to provide a quick way of revisiting a select list of stories that you'd like to read again and again. Think pile of books on your bedside cabinet. It was never intended to be used in the manner of "likes" or whatever they're called on Facebook or wherever. So, they're not something intended to be "dished out" at all. If you want to indicate that you liked a story the recommended way is to make a comment to that effect.

If someone removes a favourite then the total amount of favourites for that story will of course drop.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 6 Jun 2017 10:40
Thanks Februs, it seems as if I was thinking backwards again; the favorite function is as you say of course meant for the reader and not for the author. I just got confused as it is also visible to me as an author. But then again it is one, if even so temporary, help for other readers to see if something appears to stick out from the crowd and might be worthwhile reading.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 01:02
Ngaaah! Just realized that I'll soon need more than 300 - and I don't want to loose any of my favs... And I'm too lazy to try to remember them and seek them out in my viewed items list.... Am I suffering from a first world problem?

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 01:03
Shit! I haven't subscribed yet - I'll fix it asap!

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#8 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 04:08
Glagla:
Ngaaah! Just realized that I'll soon need more than 300 - and I don't want to loose any of my favs... And I'm too lazy to try to remember them and seek them out in my viewed items list.... Am I suffering from a first world problem?

FYI Glagla...you ALSO have your "My Reading List" so that should open up more slots for 'saving' items if that's what you need to do. I find, however, that the phrase, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," comes into play. One runs the risk of having, hypothetically, 300 'favourites' and another 300 in 'My Reading List" leaving 600 stories to read, which is a daunting task (I find it hard to find the time to read and validate the 6 or so at a time I am assigned to validate!)

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 10:44
Spankedjenny:
you ALSO have your "My Reading List" so that should open up more slots for 'saving' items

...it's also full... (I feel really stupid here, I didn't even want to mention that possibility as I had exhausted it already. I just like too many of the stories here. I have to consistently stop myself to kep myself from writing you all and beg you to e-mail them to me so I'll have those lovely documents constantly at hand). Februs? Uhm... 500... ?

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 10 Jun 2017 04:29
Strangely enough, on occasion I have read the synopsis before any given story to see what it's about. Then, when I see what it's all about, rather than clicking on the story, I have accidentally clicked on the synopsis and found I suddenly put the story on my reading list. Thanks to this conversation , I find I have more than a page of stories on this list that I don't even want. Any idea how I delete all that stuff? I don't need to eat up bandwidth with something I don't even use ????

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
Alwaysrisky, dougmorton, Leinad54, lesni, pthomson, Seegee, Shadowdancer, SinclairMP, tonydudney
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9