The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

roger moore

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 23:35
Seegee:
although David Niven, who played a retired Bond in that did give at least one well known on screen spanking in another film

There is a very good publicity still of David Niven spanking June Allyson for the 1957 version of My Man Godfrey but no spanking in the actual film.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 23:45
mobile_carrot:
There's a Bond short story "The Hildebrand Rarity" in which Bond is not doing any Secret Service stuff but is invited to share a boat with a seeker of rare marine life. Basically the guy with the boat is a sadist who beats his wife with a stingray tail leaving her bedbound for some time. But he gets his rather nasty comeuppance. Ian Fleming loved the Caribbean and its wildlife and James Bond was a real life author of a field guide to the birds of the West Indies.

{WARNING: SPOILERS}

That story is a short "whodunnit" wherein the reader never knows for certain whom the murderer is, except that it's not James Bond--he does, however, make the villain's death look like a drunken accident, so there's going to be no investigation.

It's called a "stingaree whip," isn't it...??

--C.K.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 03:37
mobile_carrot:
Basically the guy with the boat is a sadist who beats his wife with a stingray tail leaving her bedbound for some time.

Wait, are there 2 Bond movie scenes where women get whipped with stingray tails? Is that "a thing" people really whip people with? Did Ian Fleming have some kind of strange preoccupation with that idea?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 06:30
RosieRad:
Wait, are there 2 Bond movie scenes where women get whipped with stingray tails? Is that "a thing" people really whip people with? Did Ian Fleming have some kind of strange preoccupation with that idea?

Well, I don't believe that "The Hildebrand Rarity" has ever been made into a motion picture, it's actually a fairly short story in the For Your Eyes Only story collection. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, the wife's whipping by her crude husband is briefly overheard going on inside their ship cabin, yet not described.

(Of course, "Quantum of Solace" is the title of a James Bond film, although the short story [in the same collection] is merely the chronology of a failed marriage which is recounted to Bond at a dinner party.)

"License to Kill" isn't based on any writing by Ian Fleming that I'm aware of, although it does deal interestingly with the concept of Bond as an avenger with a personal grudge.

In that movie, some of the whip-lashes have to land much higher than ones for a classic spanking, nearly at the girlfriend's waist level, so that they can later be shown to Bond on screen. Although the guy does a ridiculous amount of seducing women during his assignments, of course it would be truly scandalous for a feminine bare bottom to ever be displayed to a Bond film audience...

--C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 06:35
Fleming didn't necessarily have a thing for beating ladies with stingray tails, but the films take bits and pieces from different books. The only things that they took from the written version of The Spy Who Loved Me were the title and a character who was very similar to Jaws.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 15:26
Ah, so the movie probably took the stingray tail idea from otherwise unrelated short story. That makes more sense. Still... is that a thing? Is there some corner of kink where people are beaten with stingray tails outside of Bond fiction? (And was it a thing before the Bond stories introduced it?)

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#27 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 16:12
I have found two references to stingray tail whips on Google (beside the Bond related ones). One, from 2009, references Indonesians forced into servitude in the fishing industry being whipped with stingray tails. The other showed a whip and made from a stingray tail along with a belt made from stingray skin at Yale university and both appear to be vintage. That's all I could come up with so they may be employed somewhere in the world but if so then to such a limited extent as to fly below the radar

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 22:49
The short story Risico (Czech for risk) hasn't yet been used as a title, although I think some of the elements of the story have been utilised in the films. I have a Czech friend who also loves the Bond films, and he desperately wants that one used as a title.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 23:15
Seegee:
The short story Risico (Czech for risk) hasn't yet been used as a title, although I think some of the elements of the story have been utilised in the films.

Its plotline is pretty much the basis of the motion picture "For Your Eyes Only," in fact considerably more so than the actual story with that title.

"Risico" is set primarily in Greece, as I recall anyway, and the title at least directly comes from a Greek character somewhat mispronouncing the word "risk" in English at its beginning...

--C.K.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 11 Jun 2017 03:17
Sir Roger spanked girl on The Saint outdoors many years ago. It is on the net. As an aside, who was the best Bond? I vote for the original. Bond.......James Bond. Regards.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
hunter, madeleine092, psammead, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9