You're a grown-up, you don't have to take a spanking if you don't want to

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 31 May 2017 21:09
This is for Blarg.

When are you going to write some of those stories? You got me tweaked with your various categories, finish me off with a few, please:

nodding:.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#42 | Posted: 31 May 2017 21:11
kdpierre:
what is to stop any one of them from buying a gun and taking out Voldemort faster and more efficiently than any incantation? If your mortal enemy says, "avada," with a good semi-automatic, you could get off quite a few rounds before he/she could ever finish saying, "kedavra."

Ohmygosh, you just wrote the American Harry Potter. Hurry up and get thee to a publisher stat!, before someone steals your idea.

CrimsonKidCK:
So you wouldn't actually get spanked (physically) by your academic colleagues if the research paper wasn't "satisfactory" to start out with?

I dunno, are we talking story-type 1 or story-type 2 academia?

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#43 | Posted: 31 May 2017 23:01
RosieRad:
JKR's stories are plausible within their canon. And they work precisely because those young witches and wizards share an awful lot in common with muggle teens, in terms of emotions, desires, development of maturity, etc.

Correct but why are they are also plausible to the young and not so young readers, because the readers 'join' in JKRs created reality, 'tis' escapism, many readers on LSF read stories here as escapism, don't they?........oops its just me then.

What is reality anyway, who says what is and what is not real?
I settle for it being real if i want it to be, it saves overworking my grey cells, can't afford to wear them out.

I actually tried that reality nonsense once, worse damned 5 minutes of my life, never again i say, never again.

AustCarr
Male Author

USA
#44 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 00:09
Burgundy:
A story about writing a research paper, submitting it for peer review, and being told to make the following list of corrections before it can be published? It would be extremely believable, and riveting. People would read it.

I bet I could do something with it...

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 03:51
AustCarr:
I bet I could do something with it...

Do it

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#46 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 04:00
AustCarr:
I bet I could do something with it

But no cheating, it has to be a type-1 story.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 04:05
Burgundy

But no cheating, it has to be a type-1 story.

Ok, now for the lowly subscriber, what is a type-1 story. Not familiar with the nomenclature here. The only type-1, type-2 dynamic I'm familiar with is statistical error being type 1 vs. type 2 error.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 04:25
Burgundy:
CrimsonKidCK:
So you wouldn't actually get spanked (physically) by your academic colleagues if the research paper wasn't "satisfactory" to start out with?

I dunno, are we talking story-type 1 or story-type 2 academia?

Could you actually write a "story-type 1" account of yourself being spanked (let's make it bare-bottom and semipublic to give you somewhat of a challenge) as part of a peer review for one of your research papers?

I'd be damned impressed if you should manage to pull that off...

--C.K.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#49 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 04:32
CrimsonKidCK:
I'd be damned impressed if you should manage to pull that off

I'm pretty sure this thread is heading in the wrong direction... Abort! Abort!

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#50 | Posted: 1 Jun 2017 05:22
stevenr:
Ok, now for the lowly subscriber, what is a type-1 story.

This refers back to the original post -- type 1 tries to find a contrivance to justify the spanking in the world we actually live in; type 2 is written in a parallel universe, much like our own, but where spanking someone for <whatever> is perfectly normal, maybe even expected.

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
bonemouth01, steve77, Tiredny, Wildrose
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9