LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Handmaid's Tale

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
JohnCook
Male Member

Canada
#1 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 22:50
Imagine a world where virtually every right can be stripped from a woman. Only we don't have to because Atwood and Hulu have imagined it for us. So far the Handmaid's Tale seems to focus on capital, rather than corporal punishment, but I hope we can see Offred get a spanking / strapping / switch / etc in a future episode,

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 23:37
The serial "Just Another Day at the Office" by Tiredny has definite strains of the Handmaid's Tale, if you want to read a about a similar world that includes plenty of spankings/strappings/paddlings/etc.

redbank1958
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 2 May 2017 17:08
I suggest you fly overseas. Plenty of that stuff going on in real life in a lot places.

wildwing123
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 3 May 2017 18:43
Is it a good show?

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#5 | Posted: 4 May 2017 18:09
Yes, excellent, but about the least erotic thing I've ever seen/read.

But it's a faithful adaptation of the essence of the book (meaning it's not slavish to the text, which is now 32 years old and would thus be tone-deaf as a near-future dystopia), it is technically excellent in terms of acting, directing, scenery and costuming, photography, etc, and it is compulsively watchable. They streamed three episodes at once, and now are on a once a week schedule, and it's a long time since I last looked forward to something 'airing' (you should pardon the anachronism) this much.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 5 May 2017 05:36
I saw the movie and read the novel way back when. If my memory serves it was more centered on capital punishment than corporal punishment, and the few instances of physical punishment were of a crippling sort.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#7 | Posted: 5 May 2017 06:02
Yeah. They don't do spankings or canings in the Republic of Gilead. They do flaying flesh from feet and gouging out eyes. If there's anyone here who's aroused by that ... I don't need to know about it.

redbank1958
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 21 May 2017 02:33
Plenty of videos showing real life nonconsensual disciplining of girls and woman around the world. Some of the Arab blogs have videos of home punishments that are kind of brutal. On a Belgium blog there was a video of an Arab police punishments where three women were lined up and one by one were bent over a horse and paddled.

Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#9 | Posted: 21 May 2017 16:36
I'm happy some are enjoying Handmade, but I am really weary of hearing about Margaret Atwood the same way I grew tired of Chris Hadfield and Anne Murray with her flippin Snowbird.

Between the CBC and the CRTC poor old Maggie is as over exposed as a spanking starlet bent over a birching horse. There are lots of other very good writers running around Canada, eh, but they are never smiled upon by the establishment quite like MA.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 21 May 2017 18:23
Raptor:
There are lots of other very good writers running around Canada, eh, but they are never smiled upon by the establishment quite like MA

Uh, really? Alice Munro just won the Nobel prize, eh!
She even has an entire short story about a spanking, called Royal Beatings (in her short story collection, Who Do You Think You Are?). It's not a fetish story like ours on here, but it is definitely an entire 30,000 word story about a belt beating.
And Margaret Atwood deserves all the exposure she gets and more - she's awesome.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 3
Forrange, kenjperr, mastroe, ogard, PGreenham, sara90, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9