The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Newbie says...

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 10:57
Spankedjenny:
Now my ears are detecting the lilting strains of "Rule Britannia!

...but some Britons are slaves - within a safe, sane and consensual relationship of course.

(Ah, I've just realised that some of you won't know the words to the song Spankedjenny referenced.
Rule, Britannia!/Britannia rules the waves/Britons never, never never shall be slaves.)

gskydive
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 18:27
gskydive
I love the UK and have been caned in London (a story for another venue).

With a little creative fictionalizing you could turn it into a story for this venue...

Well, I have been thinking about that. I have 42 years worth of stories and have lived (and been spanked) in a few countries by the locals. It is a little intimidating to see how many stories and serials the various authors have to their credit. But, as a wise man once said, "Every journey begins with a single step!"

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 18:48
Welcome, gskydive. We authors aim to please all readers, new and old - when we get off our duffs and actually write something (speaking for myself, of course; others don't have that problem). Most of my stories take place in the good ol' US of A.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 18:58
Britain: "You blasted colonials need a good thrashing."

opb
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 22:47
Why do you think the British Empire was always coloured red on the maps?

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#16 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 23:41
gskydive:
Finally, I have a question (probably already covered but, hey, I am a newbie). Why are there so many references to British spanking experiences? I know the rep the Brits have for the "six of the best" received by every schoolboy, but the references (and vocabulary) seem overweighted. I am not complaining -- I love the UK and have been caned in London (a story for another venue). Just curious.

It has been called 'The English Vice', and if you enter that phrase into this inter web thingamabob you will find a 396 page in depth publication on the subject.

Perry
Male Member

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 1 May 2017 05:02
(Ah, I've just realised that some of you won't know the words to the song Spankedjenny referenced.
Rule, Britannia!/Britannia rules the waves/Britons never, never never shall be slaves.)

"'Britannia! Rule the Waves' – an invocation, nota declaration of fact." Winston Churchill in the British house of Commons. April 19,1951

Sir Winston was correcting the common "Brittannia rules the Waves".

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#18 | Posted: 1 May 2017 16:51
Perry:
Sir Winston was correcting the common "Brittannia rules the Waves".

It was those Victorians i believe who changed it to rules, why exhort to rule the waves when at that time we actually did.
Our Navy had a liking for cp also, just to keep things on topic

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 2 May 2017 22:42
Februs:
Spanky words per population
USA: 0.095
England: 0.315

With our puny population I wonder if we blue and yellows do better than that, do we? How many more words do I have to contribute to rob you Brits of the Maglia Rosa?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 3 May 2017 03:40
Glagla:
With our puny population I wonder if we blue and yellows do better than that, do we? How many more words do I have to contribute to rob you Brits of the Maglia Rosa?

The data I have for Sweden is:

words: 250,494
population: 9,851,852

which gives a SWPP of: 0.025

To displace the Brits Sweden needs circa 3,113,185 words so you need to contribute a mere 2,862,691 more words. Better get writing!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 11
Backbeat, chris27, Derrick30, Filbert74, hydegreen, Odysseus600, spkcomics
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9