LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Newbie says...

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
gskydive
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Apr 2017 22:23
Wow! I stumbled upon the LSF a month or so ago thanks to a link from a blog. Where have you been all my life? I am impressed not only by the quality of the writing (some of my favorite authors and many I did not recognize), but also by the sheer quantity of material and thematic depth of the subject matter. And they said, "all the good stories have already been written!"

I would be remiss if I failed to mention the care that the curator(s) of the site have put into the structure and back office "engine' that drives the navigation. Sure, improvements can always be made, but overall the site is run with a experienced and caring hand.

Finally, I have a question (probably already covered but, hey, I am a newbie). Why are there so many references to British spanking experiences? I know the rep the Brits have for the "six of the best" received by every schoolboy, but the references (and vocabulary) seem overweighted. I am not complaining -- I love the UK and have been caned in London (a story for another venue). Just curious.

Thanks again, and carry on!

Skydive

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 29 Apr 2017 22:35
The answer is that those British crew just get into trouble more often than the rest of us ....LMAO

CS

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 00:35
gskydive:
Finally, I have a question (probably already covered but, hey, I am a newbie). Why are there so many references to British spanking experiences? I know the rep the Brits have for the "six of the best" received by every schoolboy, but the references (and vocabulary) seem overweighted. I am not complaining -- I love the UK and have been caned in London (a story for another venue). Just curious.

Welcome to the LSF Skydive. Good to hear you are enjoying the site. In response to your question, the 27,300 stories currently available are written by authors from various parts of the world. If you click the Info button and scroll down to the Author List, you can see the country flag adjacent to each author. I reckon we have far more authors from the USA than we do from the UK.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 00:53
For the statistically minded the actual word count based on location of author (where known) is currently as follows:

USA: 30,449,229
England: 17,255,551

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 01:14
I can faintly hear that chant that some get up to at sporting events and the like (such as beer chugging night at the United Nations)...

U.S.A.! U.S.A! U.S.A!

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 01:44
We Americans are used to an even-more-Americentric view of the world. This site struck me as more British than expected when I started reading here, even though the numbers don't support that impression. It's all good, and I've come to enjoy a good caning story more than I expected I might.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 01:48
Spankedjenny:
I can faintly hear that chant that some get up to at sporting events and the like (such as beer chugging night at the United Nations)...

U.S.A.! U.S.A! U.S.A!

I wouldn't chant too loudly as for a meaningful comparison you would need to take into account the relative population of both countries which based on 2015 figures gives the following:

USA: 30,449,229 words based on a population of 321.4 million
England: 17,255,551 words based on a population of 54.7 million

Spanky words per population
USA: 0.095
England: 0.315

Now we just need someone resident in the country of Vatican City to submit a snippet and they can go straight to the top of the submissions table.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 03:36
gskydive
I love the UK and have been caned in London (a story for another venue).

With a little creative fictionalizing you could turn it into a story for this venue...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 05:53
gskydive:
Why are there so many references to British spanking experiences?

One reason I use them is that canes tend to work best with a British setting, and there were a number of faux-Victorian novels that had an influence on my writing style.

Somehow it just seems natural to set a caning story in England and most paddling stores in the US.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#10 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 07:25
Februs:
USA: 30,449,229 words based on a population of 321.4 million
England: 17,255,551 words based on a population of 54.7 million

Spanky words per population
USA: 0.095
England: 0.315

Now my ears are detecting the lilting strains of "Rule Britannia!"

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»