LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Writing and orientation.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 06:51
I basically write about things that turn me on (adult F/F, M/F, and F/M), and try to phrase them articulately and creatively enough to turn other people on as well. If its not something I fantasize about, I'm probably not going to be writing erotica on the subject.

That said, I've occasionally bent the rules. On another forum I visit, we tried a writing exercise; one person posts a spanking scenario, and someone else writes their take on it. Trying to do justice to someone else's fantasy was a challenge to my skills (though granted, the guy who's prompt I had wasn't that different from me in terms of taste), but I found it very rewarding.

It also bears mentioning that I'm young, and not yet sure if I've completely mapped my sexuality. I sometimes find my thoughts wandering in a subtly bisexual direction; I may give M/M a shot someday.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 08:20
I mostly do F/M or F/F, because I prefer them. I do also write M/F, but just don't get as many ideas for it. The only thing I've never considered is M/M, largely because it simply doesn't interest me on any level.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 08:50
It's great to read everyone's thoughts and it definitely seems that people will step out of their comfort zones and try writing different orientations. I may have to give it a try myself sometime...

SNM:
we tried a writing exercise; one person posts a spanking scenario, and someone else writes their take on it. Trying to do justice to someone else's fantasy was a challenge

That sounds like quite a fun and educational thing to do, I like it

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#14 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 09:31
If you put in F/M or f/m into the orientation box in' search' a bit less than a 1000 turn up.
About 10% of the library. I know that there are other blips etc but even so it would seem that F/M stories are in the minority.

I don't know what the statistics are regarding male to Female writers and readers?

Also, I know it's going a bit of topic but is there any non Euro centric writing in the library?
In other words, literature by, for and from continents other than America and Europe?

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 20 Jul 2010 14:47
Like many others here, I like to leave my comfort zone from time to time. I'm mostly an M/F, F/F (of varying ages) kind of guy, but I venture into F/M and even M/M (my least favored) from time to time. Also, I've written a "diaper" story and stories that are far more harsh than I'm really interested in.

I think it's good for a writer to push past the bounds of comfort.

-LK

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:26
cheery:
Also, I know it's going a bit of topic but is there any non Euro centric writing in the library?
In other words, literature by, for and from continents other than America and Europe?

I'm curious about this as well. Any suggestions. Stories from India would not surprise me but from non U.S./European colonial areas?

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:41
I would guess from the silence that no, nothing.

That can't be right.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#18 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:45
cheery:

The only thing I can think of is the odd one from South Africa but I guess that is not really what is meant

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 23 Jul 2010 05:03
Well ... you see my stories listed as "Jack Crawford", and they tend to be varied with both men and women on the well spanked side of the equation. Does one write based on comfort zones? Maybe, though I tend to think (since this is my experience) that one simply avoids the UNCOMFORTABLE ... hence I have written no M/M stories.

Some of my longer series have some flip/flopping going on with the original sub having the chance to dom and vice-versa and I know THAT waffling doesn't sit well with some people. As a dyed-in-the-wool switch, that appeals to me, so I suppose it is going to leak out at times.

The really tough thing is finding the right setting for a spanking to happen ... it's very helpful to have some intimate familiarity with a situation or set of circumstances even if spankings never really occurred in that setting. I think the basic details come through and make the story more believable or perhaps more vivid for the imagination when small, accurate, details are included.

But what do I know? I'm just a spanking perv!

Dan a/k/a Jack Crawford

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#20 | Posted: 27 Feb 2011 14:22
I`ve bumped this earlier thread because of it`s interesting subject matter. I believe many writers are cautious about writing stories featuring minors because of the very negative connotations surrounding this issue. It`s a bit like a taboo within a taboo and will only ever have a minority following and I`m well aware I am in a minority. This site is very good as regards inclusion but it`s not always the case. I have frequented sites in the past where I have felt like somebody with a necrotic condition being ostracized in a leper colony just because I enjoy and favour F/m stories. I believe the majority of writers will happily remain in their comfort zone and write about what interests them and otherwise avoid the uncomfortable and who can blame them ?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 4
dougmorton, ebbetsjim, Katpannifer, PGreenham, silkyslim
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9