LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Shamrock

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 12:10
Can anyone explain why the three-leafed shamrock seems to have sprouted an extra leaf in much of the artwork for this year's St. Patrick's Day? The shamrock was selected by St. Patrick to help explain the Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) to us heathens (although don't ask me to explain what the Holy Ghost is - I'm afraid that bit passed over our heads). Has anyone any suggestions as to what the fourth leaf might symbolise?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 13:37
(Submitted with a slight shudder) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24963ZqW4uA

Guy

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 15:46
BashfulBob:
Can anyone explain why the three-leafed shamrock seems to have sprouted an extra leaf in much of the artwork for this year's St. Patrick's Day?

My best guess is that people have no idea about the original symbolism, and are using 4-leaf clovers because they're supposed to be lucky.

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 20:37
A fourth leaf for ignorance?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 19 Mar 2017 02:38
How many people see clover as part of their daily life? Actual clover as opposed to grass?

Almost no one.

What kind of clover do we hear about? That's right, the four leaf clover - and they hear about it out of context. What made a four leaf clover lucky was that they were so rare - so you had to search to find one of the lucky ones. But if all hear about is four leaf clover that's all you know about.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
andreanguyentran, Filbert74, jakei57, JohnD, magegod989, Ree, tedb8335, warthur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9