The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Clichés

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Erdling85
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 12:28
When reading storys, I realize that many authors work with stereotypes. Young man it's time for your lesson. Young girl it's time for your lesson. You were a naughty girl / boy ...

If such sentences occur too often, it turns me off. How are you all doing ? Does a good story need clichés?

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 13:31
As long as they are not overdone, no problem with them. Have some favorites of my own like "you're going to have to eat off the mantelpiece" and "You're getting what you've had coming for a long time."
What I don't like is long lines trying to imitate the sound of a spanking, one SMACK SMACK after another

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 14:57
Erdling85:
When reading storys, I realize that many authors work with stereotypes. Young man it's time for your lesson. Young girl it's time for your lesson. You were a naughty girl / boy ...

You know, that's a very individual thing, particularly in the spanko world. To one reader those phrases might seem like tired clichés, but to another they might be exactly the "hot buttons" that make the story work.

opb
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 16:56
I try to avoid clichés like the plague.

What Guy says is correct (you can leave my fee in used fivers in the usual place Guy) and whilst clichés only have one function in my opinion, and that is to be used ironically for humorous effect, for many they like not only cliché but also the wearisome (also IMO) Smack!-Owww!.

I often get complaints about the lack of actual smack bottom in my stories, which I think a story is most often better off without, and I think this can be put down to the same difference of opinion.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 17:18
opb:
clichés only have one function in my opinion, and that is to be used ironically for humorous effect,

I agree with that, and have mostly used them ironically myself, but it feels to me like most authors on here do use them ironically. I'm not positive about this, but I think the place you are most likely to find these clichés - "you've been very naughty, little boy/girl, time for a lesson for your own good" - is in adult stories, where the spankee is neither little nor a boy/girl, and lessons for naughty people's own good are necessarily a pretend game.

annieschu
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 17:30
Just like "this hurts me more than it hurts you!"

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 18:49
I think Burgundy is right that these are often used playfully/ironically in stories where adults are playing/roleplaying. But I think they are also used "historically" in stories where authors are writing "realistic" domestic stories set in earlier decades.

And I think Guy and others are absolutely right that these are major hot buttons for a number of readers.

My personal button-pressing phrases are more along the lines of "bend over", "drop your pants", "yes, those too" (underpants), etc.

DonBrown
Male Member

England
#8 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 20:39
Mt best stories are written from the heart and clichés come naturally, on editing, some are left in, some replaced.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 20:48
Being from the South I'll try to utilize colloquialisms that other folks might not have heard, such as "drop your drawers" or "you're fixing to get a licking."

My favorite is "I'm gonna be on you like white on rice," at least partially because of the circumstances under which I first heard it. I was in a bar and a belligerent drunk kept trying to pick a fight with a guy I knew. My friend was a lot smaller but what the dumbass didn't know was that he was an AAU boxer. Bruce just kept trying to keep the peace until the drunk issued those immortal words and took a swing at him; he easily ducked it and then cold-cocked the guy with a single shot and just walked away without saying a word. Every time I hear that expression I think about what that moron thought about his bragging when his brain finally unscrambled.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 3 Mar 2017 21:13
"Assume the position" has always made me giggle. (ooh, still does apparently) Who could possibly say that with a straight face?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 9
rickf, rnr, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9