LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What makes a story successful?

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 11 Mar 2017 15:11
I think like any good fiction a good spanking story needs to be about the characters and not just about the spanking. The players really need to be relatable to the reader. When a story works for me I find myself thinking, that could be me or yes, I'd love to meet this person in real life.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#62 | Posted: 11 Mar 2017 19:08
ChardT:
I think like any good fiction a good spanking story needs to be about the characters and not just about the spanking.

I think you hit it on the head with that ChardT

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#63 | Posted: 11 Mar 2017 20:35
ChardT:
I think like any good fiction a good spanking story needs to be about the characters and not just about the spanking. The players really need to be relatable to the reader. When a story works for me I find myself thinking, that could be me or yes, I'd love to meet this person in real life.

We have a winner! This is the key right here. I would add, though, that it's not necessary to feel exclusively positive towards the characters; they just need to be interesting. Unlike in real life, I think it's great when a fictional character makes me feel furious or frustrated or depressed, even more than if they make me happy.

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Online now: Members - 1 : Guests - 12
laptopover
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9