LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Bottoms!

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
cfpub
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 14 Jul 2010 19:20
I assume that "bottom" refers to the bottom of the body with the limbs extending from the body.

However, another inexplicable, to me, fact is that "bottom" seems the preferred word in Spankingland while the outlying barbaric realms, sometimes known as the real world, seem to prefer butt in America. I am not certain about English practice, except it seems to me that bottom is also the spanko term with perhaps bum being the default term among the heathens.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 14 Jul 2010 23:46
In my family, when I was growing up, my parents would usually use the term "bottom" (and certainly not "butt" or "ass", which would be considered rude). Perhaps that word is felt to be more suitable for children ... and so spankos like to use it in the context of a certain childish punishment?

(Or perhaps my folks were closet spankos ... but I really don't want to think about that! )

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 05:49
The reason that the love symbol is the heart, is supposedly (according to what I have read somewhere, and this makes sense) that the standard drawing of a heart (which does not much resemble a *real* heart) looks a lot like an upside down bottom. So the symbol for love has to do with the fact that the human bottom is commonly perceived as being erotic!

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 05:54
In Swedish the most common word for "butt" is "stjaert" which also means "tail". A bird´s tail is called faagelstjaert (faagel is Swedish for bird). To spank is called "smiska" and to chastise is called "aga". Aga is also the name of a famous stove. Swedish is a strange language, is it not?

One of my favorite Swedish words is "bakdel" which means, literally, "back part", or in other words "rear end". So now you know some Swedish, guys and gals!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 10:18
Thank you for the tips galt. Now, if I go to Sweden I can step off the plane and shout "Smiska me bakdel!"

blimp
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:06
When you think about it English provides a huge number of words for the bottom. Perhaps it is like Eskimos having lots of words for snow! How many words for backs or feet do you know? I bet not as many as you know for posteriors,arses, bums, bumcheeks, back bumpers, buttocks, butts, behinds, heinies, haunches, tushes, tails, rear ends, rumps, seats, sit upons and backsides. Although the disturbing thought is, I only personally know so many words for bottoms because I am in the grip of an obsession!!?

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:36
blimp
Well, you probably are in the grip of an obsession but one that I share.
The question of names for bottoms, erotic names especially, can be difficult and I find a problem not to be repetitive when writing.
For instance, 'arse' and 'bum' mean the same but are poles apart. 'Buttocks' work well but not 'tushes'.
I better shut up now.

titch
Male Member

England
#18 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 14:36
Without fear of getting boring, Oh OK then I fear I'm boring but I also fear I'm in on this obsession thingy because I love bottoms. Even though I'm the one that gets spanked and have never done the spanking (wouldn't want it any other way) I still find myself admiring a beautiful bottom and imagining it being spanked and there may be loads of different name's for the bottom but for me the only one that sounds right is...Bottom!! it sounds naughty and nice so if anybodys gonna deal with me, will you please deal with my bottom!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#19 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 15:56
titch:
but for me the only one that sounds right is...Bottom!!

I am with you there titch. I don't like any other term for that part of the anatomy It is just... right somehow!

titch
Male Member

England
#20 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 22:11
Thank you Angel, at least now I know if I'm boring! I'm not alone <wg> Bottom! it rolls off the tongue and belongs OTK

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 9
CharlotteM, gerard, goddan, Hotscot, insonia, Nelon, odin, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9