LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

An encouraging statistic

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Jul 2016 18:39
The ins, outs, ups and downs of participatory democracy having been much in the news in the UK of late, it is heart-warming to see LSF members duly inspired to a participatory milestone of our own.

Whilst the number of entries for the latest Challenge has been, at 36, relatively low, the number of votes cast looks set to beat all previous records. Not in actual number, of course - we're not close to the 40,000+ votes cast on the 94 stories for the Keyhole challenge - but in terms of average votes per story.

The previous highest rate was 485 votes per story (32,026 votes on 66 stories for the Secrets and Lies challenge). A simple calculation beloved of we statisticians reveals that a total of 17,470 votes will suffice, this time, to set a proud new record! As I write, that target is tantalisingly close to being reached in what would be a triumph for our own biannual form of participatory democracy.

Well done to all the writers and readers making this possible. Viva LSF!!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 6 Jul 2016 23:32
TheEnglishMaster:
A simple calculation beloved of we statisticians reveals that a total of 17,470 votes will suffice, this time, to set a proud new record! As I write, that target is tantalisingly close to being reached in what would be a triumph

And as I write, that record has officially been broken, plus votes are still coming in. Perhaps with fewer stories submitted, a larger proportion of our members have seen their way clear to read and grade all of them.

This isn't a criticism, (in fact, just the opposite) but as a writer I found this challenge surprisingly...challenging.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 13 Jul 2016 01:56
Guy

...... Perhaps with fewer stories submitted, a larger proportion of our members have seen their way clear to read and grade all of them.

That could be very true.

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 9
Backbeat, Balor, Caddiejo, carto75, Hotscot, ihardie, ken2408, lucascranach, Normalman, Odysseus600, RomanGenat, rwilliamh, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9