LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Maureen O'Hara

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 26 Oct 2015 23:29
I was remiss in that but I had read numerous tributes and obituaries that day and they mentioned "Hunchback" most prominently and I remember seeing it several times. Her first two roles were small parts and she was still being billed by her real name: Maureen FitzSimons. Charles Laughton really "discovered" her and gave her the name "O'Hara" as he believed it fit better on a movie marquee (and was easier and more familiar on the ear). He cast her in both "Jamaica Inn" and "Hunchback" and she never looked back. There was at least one interview where she claimed that Duke wielded that coal scuttle so vigorously that he left bruises on her bottom, but she forgave him and they became lifelong friends and formed a mutual admiration society. They never had a romantic relationship (as far as we know) but, likely, it wouldn't have worked out so well. They were too much alike; both Irish (Wayne Irish-American) and both hot-tempered when pushed. I kind of like to imagine she's happily over his knee right now and his former wives and her former husbands are watching...

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 27 Oct 2015 02:46
YES, REST IN PIECE.

turk
Male Member

USA
#13 | Posted: 29 Oct 2015 14:24
She was terrific, I saw McClintock as a teen, with a girlfriend. We joked about the spanking afterwards. I had a fantasy that Maureen O'Hara was spanking me over the knee. She was terrific and a great sport. John Wayne invited her on fishing trips that included all his cronies. She was the only women, but she was one of the guys. Peace. T

Often123
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 29 Oct 2015 21:04
I was saddened when I heard about her passing the other day, she was a fine actress and a beautiful lady.
@turk: I can well believe that fantasy.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
amino, danjackson84, etbyrd, greengold, Lizchurch, rudabega, Schoyce1, zinnober
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9