library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Advice on publication, please.

rnr
Male Author

Wales
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2015 09:58
I have written a number of mainly domestic and parental spanking stories some of which have been published here and seem fairly well regarded. More recently I have completed a longer work which I am bold enough to describe as a novel but I am uncertain how best to have this published. If it were a series of spanking episodes connected by narrative, I would break it into 8 or 10 parts as a serial, but I don't think this would work well.
The novel covers a year in the life of 20 year old student. Although due to hormone problems her growth has been slow and she remains young looking, she lives a typical student life. Early one term she starts childminding for a neighbour and gradually becomes integrated into their family as a daughter. Finally she moves in with them and at the end of the year when they leave to live overseas she goes along as their 15 year old niece. There she goes back to high school and the novel finishes with her established and content in her new life.
This is essentially an age regression novel. A number of spankings are described but they serve mainly to illustrate her changing status. Without them the storyline would be uneffected but perhaps of less appeal to the likely readers. There is no sex, no coercion, no tricks, just a story that I hope is almost plausible. The novel is titled, "Resetting My Clock."
It doesn't seem to me to fit well on this site, nor others focused on short stories and I would welcome advice from any readers on its publication.

penmask
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 11 Oct 2015 11:52
I say if there are spankings in it, publish it here and see what happens! Our library needs more long serials that tell a bigger story in my opinion, and I'd welcome a long and well-written serial, even if it isn't 30 parts of separate spanking incidents.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 11 Oct 2015 13:28
Or you could ask LSF publications to publish it as an ebook

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 11 Oct 2015 13:34
Yes, you can check out their submission guidelines to see if your book meets the requirements for publication.
http://www.lsfpublications.com/index.php?func=sub

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 11 Oct 2015 14:12
Janine:
Yes, you can check out their submission guidelines to see if your book meets the requirements for publication.
http://www.lsfpublications.com/index.php?func=sub

Rnr has already submitted it to LSF Publications and unfortunately, given the subject matter mixed with erotica, it doesn't meet the requirements for commercial publication. The OP is of course welcome to post it here on the LSF should he choose to do so.

flopsy

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 15 Oct 2015 03:32
A couple of years ago Amazon and others clamped down on Age Regression and countless other categories. That really limits the options.

I hate to suggest this, but have you considered Lulu or other sites like that? They will try to sell editing, layout, etc at a rate is far more than most of their authors earn, but they do PoD as well.

rnr
Male Author

Wales
#7 | Posted: 15 Oct 2015 08:30
I'm not particularly seeking to sell the novel. Just get it out there for people to download and read if they are interested. My short stories are probably regarded as a little tame by many, but I enjoy such stories, both writing them for myself and reading those composed by others. The shorter ones, I am happy to submit to LSF and I am grateful for the platform and the supportive comments I receive.
In this case however the length precludes reading in one sitting and as a structured novel rather than simple compilation of spanking episodes, it does not readily lend itself to breaking up as a serial.
I was hoping therefore to find a platform where prospective readers could see a synopsis, to confirm their interest, then download it to their kindle or whatever.
On your point concerning Amazon, yes I am aware of this but it seems odd when any reference I might make to spanked teens (which is apparently my problem) is both less frequent and less graphic than was the standard fare in any comic or young persons book published a generation ago...and still on sale.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 18 Oct 2015 19:28
So a website where you could post a summary of the story with a link to the full document? If that's what you're looking for, then the following thread might help you:
http://www.thespankinglibrary.org/forum/8_3670_1.html

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 5
gerard, Hector, jladams766, Otkbbs51, Pembridge06, sheep, stevenr, yuntsuchen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9