For the Cute Little Deer with the Bear Behind

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 15 Oct 2015 03:55
Wheatwine:
On the reverse side, almost all of the blade is lighter in color and smother in texture than the rest of the paddle.

Alas, I think that would have more to do with it being displayed on a wall. One side would have been facing out, exposed to dirt, sunlight, etc, while the other side faced in.

Bogiephil1:
It's probably apocryphal, but I heard somewhere that the original model for the "Coppertone" girl was Jodie Foster

Edited to add:
I've used cute paddles like that in several of my stories. The first one that comes to mind is Ghost Town, where someone exploring an abandoned house stumbles over an old paddle, then later buys one being sold as a souvenir. I know I've done others, and if you should be able to find them with the search function.

The original girl was the daughter of the graphic designer who did the ad. If you search for "the real coppertone girl" you'll find links such as:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppertone_%28sunscreen%29
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/05/Floridian/Real_Florida__Red_fac.shtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKvoOmO0mk
That tells the story of that cheeky logo.

And of course that logo has been used for fun for years.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 15 Oct 2015 15:31
Goodgulf, your explanation may be correct. But the end of the blade and the handle are the same color on the plain side as on the side with the logo. Thanks for the 411 on your Ghost Town story. I'll check it out.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 17 Oct 2015 21:15
I was looking around the kitchenware section of a local shop yesterday when I spotted a paddle with the words 'Burned to Perfection' on the back. Of course, they thought it was meant for serving barbecue...!

JohnS47
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 2 Nov 2015 16:46
My earliest memory of spanking being a big part of my sexuality occurred when I must have been only 10 or 11 years old. My aunt and I were in a gift shop in Panama City, Fla. They had a display of paddles and one in particular caught my eye. I don't remember the inscription, but it had a drawing of a boy and girl, draped over a barrel side by side with what looked like heat fumes emanating from their upturned bottoms. Standing behind them was a adult figure wielding a paddle. I remember getting a very strange but exciting feeling that I didn't quite understand at the time.

Then I vividly remember leaving the gift shop with the image of that paddle dancing in my head. As we walked down the beach we came across a nice looking young lady in a bikini who, as well as I remember, I would guess she was probably around college age. But I definitely remember staring at her thinly clad bottom with the vision of that paddle still in my head and imagining that it was her who was bent over that barrel and being paddled. It would be a few more years before I really made complete sense of these types of feelings, but this was my earliest memory of any such fascination with spanking. Thus, I've always had a thing for these "souvenir shop paddles."

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 2 Nov 2015 18:34
John, you and I think alike.When it comes to paddles and bottoms in bikinis. Don't know when this happened in your life, but as we know bikinis have gotten smaller and smaller,showing more and more bare bottom. Anytime I see a picture of a woman clad in a thong swimsuit I think of how she is so suitably dressed for a paddling that would likely leave her not wanting to show off a certain part of her anatomy,or sit on it, for quite some time!

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 4 Nov 2015 02:20
What a great benefit to view bare female bottoms with the decrease in size of bikinis. Just a simple question. Why would an adult women display her wares in public? I love the view as a spanko. Many thanks ladies. Nite all.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 6 Nov 2015 09:25
Just made an important discovery. If you're looking for these, don't search for souvenir paddle - because many of them are miniature canoe paddles.

Instead look for Novelty paddle.

That makes a huge difference.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 18 Nov 2015 16:45
The discussion about not hitting the face, nature provides a better place brings to mind the Brigitte Bardot movie And God Created Woman that created such a stir when it came out .
There is a scene where the Bardot character is told that her father or husband should spank her. Instead,near the end her husband slaps her brutally across the face after she has been dancing suggestively in some club! I hate that scene.
How much better would have been a good hard otk spanking,"Duke" Wayne style. And there was a scene where she was sunbathing nude. What wouldn't we spankos have given for a scene of Brigitte Bardot getting spanked in the nude!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 18 Nov 2015 17:03
Bogiephil1:
There's a pic of the "little deer" paddle (or at least a "little deer" paddle on today's page (Oct 13th) of Consensual Spanking. Is this the one you remember?

http://consensualspanking.blogspot.com/?zx=22f304142b9da989

(Sorry I'm responding so tardily, as one of those who've seen a version of the "Cute Little Deer" souvenir paddle, I must have missed this post earlier.)

I'm vaguely recalling that the lettering may have been in green rather than red, but I'm not certain since it was several decades ago when I last actually looked at it.

However, otherwise it appears to be identical, notably with the black-print homonym emphasis on the words "DEER" and "BEAR"... --C.K.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#40 | Posted: 18 Nov 2015 20:42
Hmm, will need to look under Novelty Paddles.

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
adrimc88, freewilly, Nobmeister, Smachtai, wooz1111
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9