library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Question for spankees about "sensation"

RikSpanks
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 11 Sep 2015 04:51
I have a question for those of you who are regularly on the receiving end of spankings.

My preferred implements, as a spanker (though it's been a very long time since I've spanked somebody) are paddles and similar tools. But, in my stories, I often describe spankings with straps, belts, etc.

The problem is that my only personal experience with feeling implements in the strap category were the rare spankings I received from my father, when I was a boy (my mom was a stay-at-home mom, and was thus my primary disciplinarian, and she tended to use "paddles" - not an actual paddle, but she had an 18" wooden ruler, and occasionally used a wooden spoon). My dad, in those rare instances when he decided that he needed to spank me, he used his belt, doubled over. And those spankings/whippings last happened more than 40 years ago. (I deserved every spanking I got from either parent, and don't resent them; I was also never spanked bare-bottom, never more than 5 swats, and never past the age of 12. Though I will credit my mother for the fact that, in some of my stories, I love having the spanker rigidly announce exactly how many are coming. Mom always told me how many I was going to get.)

Given that it's been more than 25 years since I last had the opportunity to spank somebody, I've resorted to spanking myself. This works somewhat with paddles, but is completely hopeless with straps/belts.

I've been communicating with a reasonably local Domme/Top on FetLife, in order to put myself on the receiving end, purely because I think it would improve my writing if I could actually feel what it's like. My current objective is to go through one of my serials (one that I can't submit here) and, between the two of us, recreate every single spanking in that story. With me in the role of those poor teenaged girls whose spankings I wrote. To date, I've gone so far as to buy myself (from Amazon) a pair of panties and a schoolgirl skirt. Not because I'm into wearing women's/girl's clothes, but because I want to recreate the spanking scenes as accurately as possible. I also just purchased a pair of blue jeans that are way too small for me, simply to cut them down into ridiculously short and tight cutoffs (because two of the spankings involve one of the girls being spanked while wearing similar shorts). Actually, trying to cut them down as described in the story has proven next to impossible. A man can't cut short shorts the same way a girl can. Two reasons: Girls don't have to take "dangly bits" into account (my first attempt at this resulted in a stupidly-short denim miniskirt, because trying to cut things short enough resulted in inadvertently cutting the entire crotch out), and men don't have the same hip curve that girls/women have. Or the same padding (which is why I've realized that a spanking in the "diaper" position is a bad idea for a male spankee, at least with any kind of hard implement. I experimentally tried that position, and my ass bones were right there in the target area, with no padding).

Anyway, I digress.

Despite my talks with the local Domme, we have so far not been able to work out a mutually-compatible schedule (she lives a 45-minute drive away). When we do finally get together, I'm going to experience all kinds of strapping goodness, but, in the meantime ...

Spankees, describe to me the difference in pain sensation between:

A single strap:

http://www.cane-iac.com/items/leather-shack~straps/sashasinglelthrstrap-detail.htm

(I actually have one of those)

A double strap:

http://www.cane-iac.com/items/leather-shack~straps/leatherstrap70-detail.htm

And a looped strap:

http://www.cane-iac.com/items/leather-shack~straps/leatherstrap17-detail.htm

I assume that there must be reasons for the various configurations, and assume that the reason is that they all feel different.

So describe the differences to me, from the receiving end

RikSpanks
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 15 Sep 2015 06:03
Nobody? Really?

reverendgreen
Female Member

England
#3 | Posted: 2 Aug 2016 03:31
Do you still want to know?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 2 Aug 2016 07:21
Hard to explain. They all hurt and when one is strapped with any of the three one does not make the time to compare one against the other. Since it would be rare to feel all of the 3 straps in one spanking also makes comparison difficult. Sorry I have no idea of how to answer your questions.

reverendgreen
Female Member

England
#5 | Posted: 2 Aug 2016 13:19
There are differences, but for the purposes of writing spanking fiction they are probably too subtle to bother about. For real life, just depends on what sort of sensation you like, I guess.

The double layer strap is going to be heavier of course, with a bit more 'momentum' to the sensation. More thud. Same with the doubled over strap, which acts like a shortish belt.

With all 3 you will ideally want a good follow-through motion in your striking arm, and listen for the strap landing with good contact on the skin. You'll hear that lovely 'crack' sound when you've got it right.

RikSpanks
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Aug 2016 07:07
Hmm. It's weird seeing the date on my original post, and thinking that I wrote it much earlier.

In any case, nah, I don't really need an explanation any more. Since writing the question, I hooked up with a Domme who went to town on me with my implements (quite an experience, one I wouldn't mind repeating).

Often123
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 6 Aug 2016 21:18
@RikSpanks: The idea of recreating the attire of the girls in your stories was kind of unique. Yes, it isn't easy making them fit correctly.
The sensations are different and so is the headspace during spanking.

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 5
Cate, Clarity, Jim75, myrkassi, ncmtnspanker, preston27, Ree, Rfothergill, ricommers, spankedbywife, valentin, Wharton66, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9