LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Writing Group Problem

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 2 Sep 2015 17:38
Out of my hands thankfully. We had a meeting in the pub this week and decided that we had to refer it to the "umbrella" grouping of writers to which we belong - their code of conduct tends to include the usual stuff about racism and sexism but doesn't address this directly - and we also informally agreed that we would challenge this kind of characterisation of other group members in the group if it arises again, that is if we spot it of course.

Mdare
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 08:55
Glad this seems to be getting resolved in a systematic way. I guess there's no point in commenting at this stage, but I have to say I agree with Rosie Cheeks that it sounds like it's a matter between the two principals and not necessarily a dramatic issue for the group. There's no indication in your description as to how the "victim" of the story feels about it, so it seems entirely possible that it's a simple in-joke between the writer and the other member, who may well have just laughed it off. If you outlaw such gestures, you'll make it impossible for the other member to get his fictive revenge à clef. If the victim feels hurt by it, then certainly the group's disapproval should be communicated to the writer, but if not, it looks like a case of a molehill getting turned into a mountain. Referring the matter to the parent group seems fine, as long as all your group, including the two principals, were involved in the referral — and not just a subgroup of uninvolved parties furtively meeting in the pub. Good luck with it and I hope your group learns something from the experience one way or another.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 21
Clarity, imreadonly2, JohnStevens, RABRLA, Rfothergill, shyshosho, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9