The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking and humour

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 10 Jul 2015 21:57
SNM:
In fact, I'd say that spanking stories can be a great vehicle for feminism, multiculturalism, body positivity, and all sorts of other PC stuff.

I do try being positive about my body but it doesn't work! I can't say I agree with you on that SNM. As much as I embrace multi-culturalism and adore women with a strong feminist point of view I feel spanking belongs in a non-PC world!

SNM
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 10 Jul 2015 22:43
blimp:
I do try being positive about my body but it doesn't work! I can't say I agree with you on that SNM. As much as I embrace multi-culturalism and adore women with a strong feminist point of view I feel spanking belongs in a non-PC world!

If you're speaking from a Doylistic perspective then yes, of course. I was speaking from a Watsonian position, the the approach that the story as a whole takes rather than the setting portrayed within the story.

blimp
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 10 Jul 2015 23:25
SNM:
If you're speaking from a Doylistic perspective then yes, of course. I was speaking from a Watsonian position, the the approach that the story as a whole takes rather than the setting portrayed within the story.

Is it possible to have that last bit translated into plain (English) English (that is English that persons of low to normal intellect such as myself can understand)?

SNM
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 11 Jul 2015 10:47
blimp:
Is it possible to have that last bit translated into plain (English) English (that is English that persons of low to normal intellect such as myself can understand)?

Watsonian: the perspective of the story from within the story.

Doylistic: the perspective of the story from the real world, including the motivations of the author.

The names originally came from analysis of the Sherlock Holmes stories, obviously.

In a spanking story, the fictional world portrayed is unlikely to be a PC one. However, the way its written and the assumptions that the author works from can be a vehicle for some very positive messages, including ones completely at odds with what actually happens in the tale.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#15 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 08:08
I agree with most things that have been said above, but I still can't help thinking that webmiser has a point. I read spanking stories for a number of reasons, but the most fundamental one is that they turn me on, and I have to admit that funny stories are rarely the ones that turn me on the most, perhaps because humor often has a distancing effect. So please let those funny stories continue, but if you want to write one I will return to over and over again, it may be more efficient to try a different strategy!

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 12:44
This is a very hard question . I believe there are humorous spanking stories and think that they need to be enjoyed not censored. I do find there are many stories that humor is in certain replies one reply that got me smiling was a woman was asked if she knew why she was getting spanked and then she replies "you mean you don't know, then why am I over your knee?" and it just seemed like a funny line at the time and humor is also a individual preference. Like some people like some jokes or slapstick yet someone else will see no humor in the situation at all. So to say there are no humorous spankings is misleading and to deny them is also a crime as well. So since humor is a part of life that also means it is part of spanking as well. Have a great day.
Jim

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 14:49
Jimc has a valid point here: a spanking story needn't be 'a funny story' as such, but it can still include humorous moments. These elements, I feel, needn't prevent it from being arousing, or cause it to have what Alef calls 'a distancing effect'. For me, several of ruegirl's stories provide examples of this: the dialogue is witty, often very funny, as are the descriptions, but they're still sexy enough to turn me on.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#18 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 14:52
PhilK:
These elements, I feel, needn't prevent it from being arousing, or cause it to have what Alef calls 'a distancing effect'.

I agree, and even thought of including a remark of the kind in my previous post, but somehow didn't get that far.

blimp
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 16:00
Spanking writers have various motivations I should guess, Alef. Some may want to produce an erotic masterpiece but some seek only to entertain. I like humour in a story but subtle humour rather than real slapstick. I don't think humour would necessarily make a story less erotic. I don't know if you have ever seen the series, Sugar Rush? There is a wonderfully funny scene where the series lesbian schoolgirl heroine is spanked by an older woman. "No talking in detention!" she sternly commands and begins to administer a good hard over the knee spanking. A few moments later the girls parents walk in! One of the most erotic spankings ever recorded on film and wildly funny I would say! Then maybe my taste is a little perverse!!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#20 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 17:59
blimp:
Spanking writers have various motivations I should guess

I totally agree, and I should add that I think farces, parodies, psychological studies, moral tales, historical romances etc. etc. all have their place here. I was just trying to understand how it was possible to insist that fun and humor have nothing to do in a spanking story, and - somewhat to my surprise - I found something that did make some sort of sense to me. So I shall continue to be a deadly serious writer!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 9
AlanBarr, Alef, carto75, flavorfull2, hammond, john0918, KatiePie, magegod989, spanker30, SummerRed
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9