LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Sorry for not being around

RikSpanks
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 3 Jul 2015 01:50
Heyo -

Some of you are waiting for the next chapter in my "Pamela & Richard" serial ... the story that, with it's posting here, I hoped would encourage me to start writing again.

Well, damn timing and real life.

Shortly after posting the last existing chapter, my manager at my job quit, and I became the candidate for the management position. For the last two years, I've been a cook in a retirement home. I feed elderly people.

Since my previous manager quit, and I became the primary candidate for the Dining Services Manager position, I've been at work almost every day. I've had, like, four days off in the last six weeks.

You would not believe what I have to go through to hire people. Decades ago, "nursing homes" were, apparently, a nightmare. "Nursing homes" were places where people dropped off their inconveniently-old parents to live out the rest of their lives. These old people were shuffled into these places, where they had to deal with people stealing their stuff and verbally and physically abusing them. When this came to light, laws were passed.

So now, to be able to work in one of these places, you have to pass an FBI background check, to make sure that you don't have anything in your past that would suggest you might be a risk to "vulnerable seniors". I don't work in a "nursing home", I work in a "retirement community". The majority of my "customers" are elderly men and women who can take care of themselves (these people live in the "Independent Living" side of the facility). They all have their own apartments within the building, and they come to the dining room for meals. My job is to make sure that these wonderful people can enjoy their retirement by eating good meals.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm up to my eyeballs at work and I haven't had time to write. I'm too busy feeding the elderly.

ohiomom
Female Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 3 Jul 2015 02:16
We all have crazy busy lives. I haven't been on in a while either, divorce and a child graduating made my life crazy, not to mention work. Sorry you are having a time of it finding the right people for your facility. Have you checked some of the 2 year colleges in your area for recent graduates? If you call and talk to a career advisor, they may be able to help. And then maybe you can have deserved day off! Best of luck!

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 3 Jul 2015 02:17
Thank you for taking care of the elderly. I cared for mom and dad before they passed. Keep up the good work.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 3 Jul 2015 04:05
What a nice job you have in feeding the elderly.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 5 Jul 2015 16:04
RikSpanks:
I'm too busy feeding the elderly.

Bless you Rick. Over the last few weeks I have come to understand just how hard your job must be. My father was in a rehab facility following an accident. I saw that it is impossible to please everybody, especially stressed and possibly cantankerous seniors who are, at best, set in their ways. He often pronounced perfectly good food "terrible" just because it didn't happen to be what he wanted to eat at the moment.

(For those not familiar with the US meaning of the term, a "rehab facility" is a nursing home with added skilled medical care and physical therapy.)

bunwarmer36
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 5 Jul 2015 19:02
You what you need to do, Rik. Like ohiomom said, we all have busy lives & have to do what needs done to make a living. We all can relate to that. This site as others like it are a great escape for those of us who indulge in our type of activity, so there's never any reason to apologize, least of all to any of us. I for one enjoy your stories like I do so many others on here and I do look to more from you, but only in your own time.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 13
jimisim, knicks604, larry, nickw6666, taxbag, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9