LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Same-Sex Marriage

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 03:57
First off I beg any one who either favor or does not favor the recent US court decision not to leave this site. The court decision has no bearing on this site or any of the material on it. I have my own opinion but will not state what it is as it could harm others on site and that is the last thing I wish to do.

I agree with Guy, lets stick to spanking and things related to spankings. Politics /religion have their own sites to present ones point of view on if ones so desire.

CS

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 11:07
This is the only spanking story site, or a spanking site which allows "creative writing", to be more concerned about the quality of the writing than the orientation or age of the fictional participants, which is why it is so successful. The only "hard limit" on content is on sexual activity between a child and an adult, which I personally don't wish to see and which (perhaps more importantly) might put the site in jeopardy if it were allowed.

You don't have to approve of spanking kids (although it might be quite legal in your locality) to appreciate a fictional/historical story with this theme (there are hundreds if not thousands in the LSF)neither do you have to have a specific view on gay sex/marriage to appreciate a same-sex spanking story. And I reckon that if you are upset by reading about some activity which may not be legal then you really shouldn't read or watch any crime drama!

cindy2
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 16:36
Ryan, I hope you have reconsidered and decide to remain here in the LSF.

Would you be willing to consider the following?

You said that you "think it is entirely natural to find eroticism in a spanking situation between a male and a female, unless it is between parent and child." I share your sentiments. Yet if a poll on the subject were taken, I suspect most people would say it is anything but natural, and further, that both you and I are perverts.

Just as you "think it is entirely natural to find eroticism in a spanking situation between a male and a female, unless it is between parent and child," gays and lesbians must think it entirely natural to find eroticism in a non-spanking situation between a male and a male, or between a female and a female, as long as one of them is not a child. Of those who argue it is a choice, ask yourself this: When you were an adolescent, did you "choose" to become aroused by girls or did it just happen?

Ryan, you and I, and everyone who is reading this are part of a sexual minority: the minority that finds eroticism in adult-to-adult spankings. Gays and lesbians are also a sexual minority. I support them because they have a right to happiness. But I support them for another reason. When the majority can attack one sexual minority they are emboldened to attack another sexual minority.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 00:31
RyanRowland:
But homosexual unions (I won't dignify it with the word "marriage," which it is not) are unnatural.

Ryan, homosexual unions - as any biologist will tell you - frequently occur between animals, and indeed between birds. (And probably between fishes and insects, too.) 'Atypical' they may be, but 'unnatural', no. Nature is far more diverse than our human prejudices would like to make it.

jai
Female Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 09:56
I think it was a momentous step forward for the United States, and was truly a historic event that will have a lasting effect on our society. I believe in equality, and that you love who you love. I am not gay, but I have many friends who are, and I am glad to see the same rights now extended to them.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 17:33
I tend to avoid religious and political discussions on public forums, and this is both. What I hate is the judgmental attitudes on both sides - not so much here, but facebook is a jungle right now. It seems to me that people just get louder and more defensive and personal, but no one ever changes his mind. What we need is more love of people and less condemnation of their views.

Please don't leave us, Ryan!

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 18:46
FiBlue
I think there's a reason this happens in certain cases that involve religion and politics. If the discussion on this issue was a matter of differing opinions, I think most (though admittedly not all) people could argue their view while giving a nod to the opposing view as another way to see things. Where this, and other cases differ, is that if one wishes not merely to have their opinion valued, but have their opinion legislated as the only right way to do something, they are not looking for respect, but power to dictate. That's where the tempers flare.

Take any controversial topic and if you say: "I don't like that" and therefore choose to not do it, most would respect your position. But if you say: "I don't like that, I don't wish to do it.......and by law you can't either" that side is automatically dismissing the opposing view completely and affecting lives other than their own.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 20:30
RyanRowland
Ryan Rowland, since I believe in Freedom of Speech, you have a right to your opinion. But I also have a right to disagree with you wholeheartedly. I believe in Darwins Theory of Evolution. To me the BIBLE is a myth. We LIVE in the 21st century, and your thinking is 19th century and before. EVERY HUMAN BEING IS CREATED EQUAL. If two consenting adults be they both MALE, or both FEMALE, have a right to get married. Religion has absolutely NO RIGHT to interfere. And I mean ABSOLUTELY.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 1 Jul 2015 21:40
FiBlue:
It seems to me that people just get louder and more defensive and personal, but no one ever changes his mind.

I very much agree with Fiona. Debating these issues often achieves little except hardening attitudes and deepening divisions. We all have to accept that there are sincerely held beliefs on both sides of the argument and agree to differ.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#20 | Posted: 2 Jul 2015 01:04
My real concern is Ryans statement "Since this obviously puts me at odds with others here, I'm prepared to accept that it might be for the best if I move on from this site".

I for one would welcome the opportunity to hear why Ryan, based upon merely a differing viewpoint would move on, simply put, Ryan please do not move on, no one wishes you to change your obvious strong opinion on the thread subject, but likewise my opinion on the subject is i do not want to follow a version of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that the US military used until 2011.

We are all adults here, some of us having differing sexualities, viewpoints etc, but all of us having one common interest, that interest of course should be the common theme here. However i would hate to think that anyone of us, could not innocently mention a subject, for fear of offending another member, intentionally offending others is of course a different matter.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 14
carto75, Heroth, Howabout, knicks604, oxford, Rain, stag, steve77
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9