library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

S.P.U.D. & Hot Beans

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 27 Jun 2015 22:07
Anyone here old enough to remember playing these games as a kid? Not only were these games played by kids, but they were even played at school recess! We even played S.P.U.D. in gym a few times. Now everyone would be sent to jail and or counselling. LOL.

I mention this because i recently got into one of those "kids are innocent and should be sheltered from all talk of spanking" conversations and recalling my childhood and the eagerness with which both boys and girls played these games, I could only laugh hysterically at the insinuation of childhood innocence.

Anyone have a good S.P.U.D. or Hot Beans story?

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 27 Jun 2015 23:31
kdpierre:
Anyone have a good S.P.U.D. or Hot Beans story?

I might have - if I knew what the hell they were....

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#3 | Posted: 27 Jun 2015 23:58
Must be a geographically isolated thing because I have never heard of either one of those.

raisedkilt
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 28 Jun 2015 03:36
Have a teacher or someone not playing secretly give each player a number and tell everyone the range, such as 1-20.
You can have some ghost numbers that are left unassigned, falling within the given range.
Everyone stands in a circle and "It" throws a ball into the air, while shouting a number within the range.
The person assigned that number runs to the center and catches the ball, as the rest of the players scatter.
When the player catches the ball, he or she yells "Spud" and everyone must freeze.
The player with the ball can take 3 steps and then throws the ball at a player. If he or she hits the player, the hit player gets a letter in the word "Spud" and is "It" for the next round. If the thrower misses or the other player catches the ball, the ball thrower gets a letter and is "It" for the next round.
(If the number called is a ghost number and no ones runs to catch the ball, all players rush to the center. The last one in gets a letter and is "It").
When a player gets all of the letters in the word "Spud", he or she is out.
The last person standing is the winner.

opb
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 28 Jun 2015 10:35
Errr, I don't see how this game is anything other than a normal ball game. Why do kids have to be protected from its spanking evils?
Or perhaps kdpierre played a version with spanking forfeits?

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 28 Jun 2015 16:58
Sorry, I just thought these were known games to people who grew up in the 50's or 60's. I know a Google search will yield accurate accounts and rules, and the accounts don't seem limited to just one area. The description of S.P.U.D. rules above was accurate but left out the penalty. The "loser" with all four letters had to crawl through the legs of all the other players as they spanked their behind.

Hot Beans was played by hiding a belt and looking for it, the person who found it then yelled "hot beans!" and could chase and strap any behind they could get before the scurrying players made it to the 'safe zone'.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 28 Jun 2015 17:23
I too, grew up in the US (California) in the late 50's and 60's and don't remember either of those games. Perhaps you're from a different region?

Both sound like fun though, especially if they're co-ed games. Sorry I never played them...

LawnDawg
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 05:27
I do remember playing SPUD in school, but with out the spanking part of it. We did, even in gym class a few times, played what we called "Spanking Machine" which we took turns crawling through everyone's legs as they spanked, we just kept doing it until it somehow ended, I think when everyone started giggling to much to spank.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 06:27
Well, I remember playing 'SPUD,' including the spanking-oriented loser's forfeit, with my female cousin and sister, usually plus one or two other children, back in the early-to-mid-1960s.

There were sometimes no numbers involved in this less formal version, though, whoever was "it" simply yelled another player's name as he/she threw the ball into the air. However, the 'spanking machine' payoff for the loser was practiced the same basic way.

While I'm opposed to children deliberately being influenced by adults to sexualize the spanking experience (although this Library is proof that it can happen unintentionally), trying to "shelter" young kids from the fact that it exists makes little sense to me.

Indeed, it strikes me that attempting to prevent a child from being exposed to anything about spanking might give it a certain "allure of the unknown"... --C.K.

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 6
Abaddon, GemofaPup, Hannilein, Jrussik, lovik, scuttk9876, Seegee, spanki1962, steve77, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9