LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Severity of Implements

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
RikSpanks
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 07:44
Many of the spanking stories I've written over the decades have included what I call "progressive spankings" (and I've recently been delighted to hear other writers use the same term). It is basically a term to describe a long spanking that increases in severity as it progresses, using different implements as the spanking proceeds.

In the case of *my* stories, a "progressive spanking" typically follows the format of a hand warmup, followed by a paddle or other similar implement, and then finishing up with a belt or strap.

Because, in my mind and memory, a belt/strap is far more severe than a paddle.

But, having submitted to an honest-to-God proper birthday spanking last year, on my 48th birthday, I discovered that the paddle hurt a hell of a lot more than the belt.

So, for all of these years, I guess I've been writing from my personal experience: My mom preferred paddle-like implements (a ruler, a wooden spoon) when she needed to spank me, and my dad pretty much always used his belt, on the very rare occasions that he administered corporal punishment. I feared Dad's belt more than Mom's "paddles".

So now, in my middle-age, I'm wondering if my parents' influence on my stories is simply based in the fact that my father could spank so much harder than my mother, leading me to believe that the strap/belt was a more severe implement than paddle-like implements.

I'm looking for comments from people with more IRL experience than me.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 09:38
I haven't had much IRL experience with those implements (just enough to know that a wooden hairbrush hurts like ABSOLUTE HELL and I seriously can't believe that it was once common to use it on children), but I've been consistently told that the order of pain, from least to most, is hand < belt/cane < paddle/brush.

Anorris1
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 12:51
In my very limited experience, I think the belt hurts more than a paddle. Of course, I've never had a paddle per se, but using my experience with a hair brush and a spoon as my basis for this discussion. Even worse is a stick. I know stick is not the right word... Well maybe it is. We had the twisty stick from the blinds break off one day and for fun my husband swatted me on the bottom with it and that was by far the most painful thing I've ever felt. Again.... Very limited experience, but there is my two cents on the subject.

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 14:27
In any conversation on this topic, I think we need to include opinions on "sting" vs "thud". I can tolerate stingy implements (belt,spoon) more than thuddy ones (hairbrush, paddle). IMHO the cane is in a class by itself. Being thin and flexible it concentrates the force of impact to a very small area. Even a moderate stroke will leave a mark and full force ones often break the skin.

In the videos of progressive spankings I have seen, the order of implements is usually hand, leather and wood with the cane saved for last. In my experience, I have to agree with this. I have to admit, we do not have a cane and I have never felt one.

Hedgeh0g
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 17:51
I do love to spank a naughty girl (or boy)....but in my mind that means a hand spanking, if I use the slipper it is a slippering, a paddle a paddling, and a belt or strap a belting or strapping. However a spanking with a wooden spoon is not a spooning, nor is a hairbrush a brushing!
Anyway I find the hand and slipper more than enough to bring tears and a very sore bottom to boy or girl who deserve punishment, the other items sound good especially in fiction, "moms hairbrush", or "dads belt", but in all honesty I cannot help but feel that for real life they are too severe, leaving a damaged bottom not a sore one, as for the cane it is almost barbaric. A hand spanked Girl could be over the knee for ten minutes or more and after a hop and sob be on the mend especially with a comforting cream and cushion, you cane someone with 6 or 12 proper strokes then you have an injured person to deal with.
However that is my preference, and it is a free spanking world out there, so if both bottom and top agree with whats to come then I say Go for it!

Anorris1
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 18:41
Ohh... The slipper.... This intrigues me. I don't know if it is because it is not a common implement where I live, but I never even heard of using a slipper before I found spankjng fiction recently. The first time I read this i turned to google and found this is real! I still cannot get the image of a fuzzy pink bunny rabbit slipper out of my mind when I hear it in a story so I still think it would not be a real punishment. And when I hear of a plimsol (sneaker if you ask me) I think this is barbaric. What kind of shoe are we talking about? Is the shoe saved just for spanking, or is someone actually taking their shoe off for the punishment? Sorry, but this I really find interesting and would like to better understand so I can quit picturing fuzzy bunnies. 🐰😳

Guy
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 16 Jun 2015 20:24
RikSpanks:
Many of the spanking stories I've written over the decades have included what I call "progressive spankings"

Progressive spankage? Progressive spankification? Progressive spankifying?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 17 Jun 2015 01:14
Sometimes it's more perception than reality. I used to do the occasional session with a professional. She was a switch like me. One time we went into a room and amongst the things there was an old bamboo carpet beater. This thing both intrigued me and frightened me, it was the first thing she used on me. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it might (she may have been gentle), although it did sting. She on the other hand, adored the cane. She would wail and carry on under the hairbrush, but could take 6 really tight strokes with the cane and still be smiling at the end of it.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 17 Jun 2015 20:28
In terms of implements used in the UK, the cane tends to be the most severe and often at play parties novices aren't allowed to use the cane because of potential damage if used carelessly. However, we don't tend to use wooden implements so much and wooden paddles can cause severe bruising compared to the cane since the same surface area is being hit repeatedly.

Stroke for stroke, both canes and paddles tend to cause more pain and damage than straps and belts as there is more "give" in the leather.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 18 Jun 2015 01:50
The use of any kind of footware is comical to me. I dismiss it all together. How in the world can such an instrument administer a meaningfull punishment.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
Ernest, Jakehampton, Kecskejani, MarkCF, markert, rickshaw, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9