LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Aunt Carla?

Rachel615
Female Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 17 May 2015 19:09
I've noticed that Aunt Carla has not posted a story here, or a comment on her blog since, I believe, October of 2013. Does anyone know if she is okay? And if so, why she seems to have stopped writing spanking fiction? Thanks for any information you may have and/or are free to share.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 17 May 2015 21:04
I don't have any particular information, but it's not unusual to have a writer take time off and come back. I know that Grace Breckinridge is trying out a novel. I have had a dozen starts and never finished, though they are almost ready. Also many writers also write in other erotic genres that might not fit into this site. For instance I also write and play in more into the bondage realm.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 17 May 2015 23:57
I think Carla did make a brief return, but haven't seen or heard anything since. It's the nature of online communities, people come and go, some disappear for a while, others disappear entirely.

Rachel615
Female Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 19 May 2015 12:31
Thanks for the responses.

I know it's the nature of the on-line community for people to "come and go," but sometimes, on their blogs, writers give their readers advance warning that they will be posting less frequently in the future, or will be taking an indefinite break. Seegee had done this.

I have no empirical data to support my suspicion, but I have the sense that participants in TTWD may, and I emphasize MAY, suffer from periodic bouts of depression more often than members of the general population. I'm sometimes more concerned when a member of "our" community stops posting fairly suddenly without warning than I am when bloggers whom I follow that focus on other types of subject matter-- such as politics, or other aspects of culture-- cease posting somewhat suddenly, without notice.

Thanks again.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 20 May 2015 01:10
I don't know if it's more prevalent among the TTWD community or not, but a disproportionate amount of authors seem to struggle with depression. Maybe its a creative thing.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2015 03:35
I have always wondered why some write excellent stories and then disappear, never to return. On some other websites I have found unfinished stories with no conclusion that left the reader hanging. It is possible that some people have only one good story and that's it.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 20 May 2015 04:34
You find that happens a lot of time in fan fiction. People either get bored, they have as Sebastian said one good idea, they get to a certain point in the story and then for whatever reason just can't continue. There's a fantasy author by the name of Melanie Rawn who did this marvellous series called Exiles, she wrote the first 2 books, and then the 3rd just never happened, and probably never will. After the second book her mother passed away and she was so badly affected, becoming depressed and not able to write anything at all, she eventually got back on the horse and is publishing again, but she just can't go back to that series now, her head is in a different place, and once that happens it can be quite difficult to get back there.

tamlynn
Male Member

Canada
#8 | Posted: 20 May 2015 05:37
Is there anyone out there? I know the feeling, but as people have mentioned you can change you style and your name and never go back too your previous style.
I've met many writers through the comments section and health for some becomes an issue.
Good luck in your search!

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 22 May 2015 03:12
Does anyone knows if "Jodie Davis" stories are in the archives? She claimed that the stories were true but I, as well as most people, believe it was fiction. Still, can I get her stories again???

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 12
CarolinaPaddler, DoctorFate, Filbert74, happy4ana, jimsphotos, kid, ldbill, Lookingforspank, richardcook127, RiverVixen19
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9