library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Why is it...?

justme123
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 13 May 2015 15:48
I'm still relatively new to this site, but one thing always bothers me. Why is it that the man can spank, or in some cases, just plain beat, a woman's bottom anytime he feels she has transgressed, but if she slaps him for a transgression, she has committed a heinous crime? It's like the Dom men can never admit they could possibly be wrong, or if by some miracle, they do see it, they are never to be touched, or talked to, or face consequences.

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 13 May 2015 17:19
That's a valid question. In the fantasy world we live in here, a good Dom is NEVER wrong. You are quite right, it is mostly one way traffic. In the real world, we all make mistakes. In fantasy, the disciplinarian is always right and has the final say, sometimes they allow a defence to be offered, then decide the punishment accordingly. They are rarely subject to discipline themselves, although occasionally it does happen. As you find your way in the library, you will learn that although most of it is pure fantasy, there are some real life spanking relationships dwelling here.
You will also find a vast difference in opinions about fair and unfair punishments, light and severe punishments, humiliation and degradation, just and unjust. Some love the dark side, others only the lighter side. Just experiment and find your way through the stories, there is a wealth of delicious content waiting to be explored. We all like different things, so choose carefully, but enjoy x Elorac

Patron
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 13 May 2015 18:04
There are thousands of stories on this site, covering a wide variety of character archetypes. There's no collective agreement on gender roles, except maybe that in the library they're all for storytelling effect rather than a reflection of what should work for everyone in real life.

You might want to direct your question to a specific author, but chances are they wrote it that way because they that's the story they wanted to tell.

OTKinCT2
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 13 May 2015 18:23
I'm a bit confused... do you mean in the stories on this site, talk on the message board, or in the spanking/bdsm world in general?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 13 May 2015 18:39
justme123:
I'm still relatively new to this site, but one thing always bothers me. Why is it that the man can spank, or in some cases, just plain beat, a woman's bottom anytime he feels she has transgressed, but if she slaps him for a transgression, she has committed a heinous crime? It's like the Dom men can never admit they could possibly be wrong, or if by some miracle, they do see it, they are never to be touched, or talked to, or face consequences.

So is this a general spanker/spankee question or a gender-specific male/female one?

One relatively easy way to explain one adult spanking another one is to establish--or even merely assume--a punitive dominance relationship between them. In such a situation, the spanko-dominant person is considered to be more mature, self-disciplined and responsible than the one who is subject to being corporally corrected for his/her transgressions and misbehaviors, hence the spankings end up being primarily or even entirely 'one-way' within their relationship.

Still, there are certainly numerous Library stories in which one adult spanks another, for various reasons--authority position, blackmail, trickery, wager payoff, physical superiority, 'two-way' domestic understanding, etc.--without a top/bottom psychological dynamic being involved.

Within one-sided adult spanking relationships, it will seem to be mostly authoritative men disciplining spanko-submissive women if you're reading random stories, because the majority of them are M/F in gender orientation--if you've been specifically focused on reading those types of stories (M/F), you'll obviously find that masculine top/feminine bottom dynamic in a great number of them.

(However, other gender spanking orientations within stories--F/F, F/M and M/M--can be found via employing the Library's "search" function.)

As other members have pointed out, these Library works are basically fantasies, they're not intended as actual marital guidelines--or (for those involving children being chastised) child-rearing advice either... --C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 14 May 2015 00:07
If you're talking about the stories here, it's not necessarily always the case. I generally write F/M or F/F, but I do have the occasional M/F story. Mostly I try to dream up a plausible scenario or valid reason for the punishment, regardless of gender orientation.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 14 May 2015 05:42
In real life dominant males can have an attitude about themselves for sure, but then again I know some women who are also dominant and they have basically the same attitude toward themselves. Just so happens there are more male doms then there are female, at least in my world that is.

In stories as presented on site, things are whatever the writer makes them and most doms of either sex generally do not want to be submissive in any manner, otherwise they could be considered switches. There are as Seegee writes a lot of stories available where men are on the receiving end of the paddle and those authors write excellent stories.

The question you ask is true in both real and fictional life, and we will always have those type of characters around as they are just people. Of course we all have a choice of which type of person we hang around with or read about, either in real life or in stories. Some people like the dominant type of personality in males or females, and nothing wrong with that.

Cheers and welcome to the Forum, hope you continue to participate on the place and have a lot of fun on site.

CS

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 14 May 2015 13:47
CS: I was going to respond in a similar way......but you said it all perfectly!

justme123
Female Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 17 May 2015 12:34
Thanks for your responses. You've been very helpful.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 4
Capnsmack, drakeco, Eris39, Kay2ks, sammyb2, steve77, stevenr, whome123
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9