LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I would like to submit this question, top pick Spanking Museum

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#11 | Posted: 14 May 2015 06:49
I find it quite fascinating to try to imagine the whole museum. I think I would like to have it divided into (at least) two parts.

The first part should be about the cultural history of spanking as punishment, and I would like it to be strictly factual and contain trustworthy information about to what extent and in what form spanking was used as punishment at home, at school etc. through the ages. To the extent it is still possible, I would like to have information about the frequency, the severity, the implements used etc. In addition, I would like this part to contain information about people's attitude toward spanking as punishment at different times, as well as typical (and true) descriptions of actual spankings. A good exhibition of implements and a collection of realistic and authentic spanking pictures would definitely be welcome - and I wouldn't mind a few reconstructions

The other part I imagine being about spanking as a sexual fetish through history. It would contain spanking art and literature through the ages, as well as actual evidence of spanking play in different cultures. It should also contain an overview of theories about spanking as a sexual fetish - why do people indulge in such a ridiculous practice?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 14 May 2015 07:18
Given how many creative people have added to the history of spanking, I think an artistic section would also be a good addition.

neliz87
Male Member

Netherlands
#13 | Posted: 14 May 2015 19:51
Here is a wild idea. Why not set up an area where people who have never had any experience with spanking (like me) can try out a few spanking instruments. Just to know how it feels. Of course your Need to make it very clear to go in with someone your really trust and at own risk.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 15 May 2015 19:17
Alef
Alef, both of your suggestions are excellent ideas. What city or country might you suggest would except such a unique museum, as such as I proposed.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 15 May 2015 19:29
myrkassi
mykrkassi, I like your idea about the reenactment society, where famous and typical scenes of famous spanking scenes were acted out. It could put all our spanking models to work. And maybe earn for them an annual 'spanko' award.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 15 May 2015 20:55
sixofthebest:
What city or country might you suggest would except such a unique museum,

For the USA branch of the museum, the most obvious choice would be Sin City itself; Las Vegas. Other interesting choices might be San Francisco and New Orleans.

Now if we were to go to my spanking theme park idea, the choices might be different. Rather than "Six Flags over Texas", it could be "Six of the Best over Texas".

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 16 May 2015 01:14
Amsterdam has a sex museum. I'd personally favour London as the first location, because that's where la vice Anglais was for given a name.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#18 | Posted: 16 May 2015 13:13
sixofthebest:
What city or country might you suggest would except such a unique museum, as such as I proposed.

Interesting question and here my two parts may get me in trouble. I think it should be possible to put up the first part (the one on the history of corporal punishment) a lot of places, particularly if the tone was critical ("isn't it horrible how they used to mistreat children"). I also think it would be possible to put up the second part (the one on erotic spanking) a lot of places as going against it could be construed as discrimination of a sexual minority. My guess is that the combination of the two might be too much for many people - they would think the erotic part condoned and exploited the abuse the would see in the first part.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#19 | Posted: 16 May 2015 20:02
Guy
Touche, Guy. Touche, as the French would say. An excellent idea and suggestion.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 17 May 2015 01:26
So now we've got two institutions - a museum (or possibly two museums, if it proved necessary to separate the history of corporal punishment from the history of erotic spanking) and a theme park, plus a re-enactment society bridging the gap.
On the one hand, cataloguing the museum's collection of authentic historical punishment implements, and lovingly-crafted replicas of those too old and fragile for vigorous use, would surely require experienced volunteers to try them out on, so their impressions of each implement, and each implement's impressions on their bottoms, could be recorded.
On the other, exhibitions of spanking scenes through history could be a regular attraction at the theme park. (I imagine the theme park as being something like what I've heard about Renfaires - more concerned with fun than historical accuracy). Travelling exhibitions could be arranged...

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 1
amino, cady09, crusingp, golfer51, Nelon, rainsford, Ree, rindom
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9