LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Justice poll

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 05:15
just curious. I have been reading comments to stories with a theme of injustice and the reactions they receive. It seems that there's a disproportionate split between those who enjoy a victim who is undeserving but somewhat resigned to their fate and those who want justice (dammit!). So here's my unofficial and totally voluntary poll:

Do you prefer stories where justice prevails and the guilty pay for their sins?

Or do you prefer a story where a submissive disposition and dominant disposition determine who gets what regardless of what might seem fair or just?

And, finally.....are you a practicing spanker/spankee? Or are you a spank-story reader?

(I'm looking not only for numbers but possibly a correlation.)

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 06:11
To me justice can depend on all types of situations and depending on consent or non-consent etc etc. Sometimes justice happens immediately and sometimes it can be years down the road so when I read a story, perhaps justice is not done at the moment, but that is not to say it will not happen later, perhaps days, weeks, months or years in some cases. My reactions vary depending on if I think if justice may or will occur at some time. Severe injustice to a young child brings out an entirely different reaction from me than minor injustice to an adult.

As for the rest of your questions I choose not to answer them...lol...not stuff I share. Cheers

CS

Sweetspot
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 07:32
Justice unresolved can still make for a good, if troubling story, The Oxbow Incident comes to mind and who doesn't like It's A Wonderful Life in spite of the fact that Potter ends up with George Bailey's money and half the property in town. The same can be said of the spanking centric story, a harsh undeserved "spanking" or the spanking gently given can be part of a good read; it all depends on how well the story is written. As a personal preference I like to read or write about a spanking that is well-earned and is meted out in proportion to the 'crime" committed.

As a caring human being I find granting mercy to be just as important as serving justice. Unfortunately mercy overriding justice seldom makes for enjoyable spanking fiction. Having your character say, "I'm in a forgiving mood tonight so no spanking for you young lady." doesn't get your work a spot on the library shelf.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 09:01
Sweetspot:
who doesn't like It's A Wonderful Life in spite of the fact that Potter ends up with George Bailey's money and half the property in town.

Mr. Potter already owned half the property in town--it was to have kept him from owning the rest of it, and having the place named "Pottersville," that George Bailey needed to have been alive. The money that Uncle Billy lost (effectively stolen by Potter) likely wasn't much more than a 'drop in the bucket' to the greedy miser, but had it not been replaced by the townspeople, then Bailey's financial institution would've collapsed and he'd have been arrested for fraud or embezzelment--thereby giving Potter the opportunity to take control of the other half of the town.

As to the original question (objective fairness vs. inherent top/bottom orientation), I'm still reflecting on it a touch... --C.K.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 09:02
Personally, I much prefer when justice prevails, but maybe that's just me. I also prefer a bit of redemption in my stories sometimes. Having said that, occasional injustice or an undeserved punishment can be part of a good story as long as justice is done in the end ( or on the end, as the case may be). The Ox Bow Incident is classic of course. If you like the Western theme, might I recommend "Hang 'em High", despite its rather lurid title. It contains all the elements of "Ox Bow" as well as redemption and mercy. No spanking though. Of course I'm a Clint Eastwood fan anyway...

I don't really care for the D/S scene so much although when the submission is entirely voluntary, it can be compelling.

I'm neither a spanker or a spankee, but I could certainly be talked into spanking any number of modern young "ladies" these days (Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan come to mind...).

I'm a reader of spankiing stories and an occasional writer, but I mostly focus on my particular preferences rather than the broader TTWD experience.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 12:02
They both have their appeals. For unjust stories though, I find it more palatable if the story is written in a tongue-and-cheek manner.

Also, I'm a switch.

blimp
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 14:03
How can you possibly justify beating someone on the bottom? My vote is for injustice every time!

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 15:18
Thanks for the responses so far! Very interesting.

Also just to keep things literary, if anyone wants to suggest a good "injustice" story on this thread...go for it!

I just read two that really appealed to me: CK's "Matched Pair" and Juanoneone's "The Wager". but there are others. Alec Leamus' "Christmas Party Favor" is one I recall.

(If you do read these stories, please check out the comments. You'll see what I am referring to. Most who liked the story sort of wished for or even recommended a sequel where justice can finally be achieved. But a small number of us happily praised the unapologetic 'injustice' of it all. I always love how people who share a rare interest (like spanking) can be so different!

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 19:26
I believe that justice should always prevail. If a woman is naughty she should be corporally punished at all times. Be it with a hand, paddle, hairbrush, birch rod, cane, or whip. It should always be on a knickers, panties, or bloomers down bare bottom. Given to her by a male.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 18 Apr 2015 01:14
So should the reverse apply if the male is the transgressor? Being corporally punished on his bottom by a woman.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 9
bluepencil, DjZolt, giantsfan1529, jhw, Nmart, onegame, saripas, wendybutterfly
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9