LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Tongue in Cheek

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#11 | Posted: 4 Apr 2015 15:22
In Denmark we have a famous, female author named "Helle Helle".

'Helle' is a common firstname in Denmark, but really exceptionel as surname. The combiation is strange and very bad chosen if you ask me. Wonder if she blames her mother (and/or father).

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 4 Apr 2015 22:48
I knew a woman whose unmarried surname was West and she married a man called East.
Some names must be difficult to live with, for instance Pratt, De'ath pronounced Day-ath, and Cocup not pronounced Cock-up, and the Scottish surname Smellie.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 4 Apr 2015 23:55
Not that they seem overly bright to start with, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their daughter North, so she is North West. At least she won't lack direction in life.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 00:09
There's also Cockburn pronounced Cohburn, and I've heard some people pronounce Sidebottom as Siddybottome, and Murphy as Murfay. Celebrity names just make me sad for the kid. Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle named their recent baby Rocket Zot. Hope the kid can fight, at least he can shorten his first name to Rocky or Rock, unlike poor Apple Martin or Dweezil Zappa.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 04:54
This thread made me think of others with unusual (and sometimes ridiculous) names. For instance the famous Canadian-born, US-based anthropologist Lionel Tiger. One wonders if his parents had a sense of humor.

And then there's Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson's son, Bronx Mowgli...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 18:01
Seegee:
t least he can shorten his first name to Rocky or Rock, unlike poor Apple Martin or Dweezil Zappa.

And Dweezil's sister can shorten hers from Moon Unit Zappa to a simple Moon, which is a name I sort of like.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 19:10
If Tuesday Weld married Fredrick March II would her name be Tuesday March II?

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 20:20
opb:
There was an English cricketer called Brian Brain which I thought was thoughtless of his parents

There was also one called Amiss. That meant that whenever he was fielding and took the ball, the radio commentator would say, "Amiss fields..." and it would sound like "A. misfields." There was also of course the famous incident in which English all-rounder Peter Willey was batting and facing West Indian fast bowler Michael Holding, and the commentator announced, "The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey."

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 5 Apr 2015 23:40
There was also the famous scoreline in an Australia V England game of Lillee, bowled Dilley, caught Willey. Which sounds almost like a line from a children's nursery rhyme. While we're on cricket we can't forget the umpire Harold 'Dicky' Bird, either.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
bbnebraska12, bigdad, ldbill, LucNoir, roave666, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9