The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 00:53
I was sad to learn that Leonard Nimoy passed away today. He was 83. I remember watching that first episode of Star Trek back in 1966 and enjoying his portrayal of Spock, the science officer and second in command of the Starship Enterprise. From everything I've ever heard about him, Mr. Nimoy was a genuinely nice person. The world is richer for his having passed through it, and poorer for his being gone. He will be missed.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 01:31
These days, 83 isn't an exceptionally long life, but it's still pretty respectable. So, he lived long, and he prospered (actor (stage and screen), director, writer, poet, artist and philanthropist) and he will be remembered fondly. He will always be Mr. Spock, at least to those of us of a certain age, just as Bill Shatner will always be Capt. Kirk (and George Takei will always be Mr. Sulu, etc) but he was a lot more than that.

RIP Leonard Simon Nimoy...

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 01:47
Who of us, at least in some point of our lives, hasn't watched Star Trek? For people of my generation, Star Trek is something of a cultural common ground. So losing Mr. Nimoy is a big deal.

While it would be a huge stretch to call me a Trekkie, I have probably seen every episode of the original Trek at least once. (but virtually none of the others)

Yes, it's hard to imagine a world without Leonard Nimoy.

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 08:34
Oh, how sad, I, like many, have very fond memories of the original "Star Trek" series. Mr Spock was a significant character, so different from the others, I loved his unemotional portrayal of the Vulcan. Rest in peace Leonard x

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 12:59
Sad to hear of his passing but he had a long and successful career. I saw him last night in an old Perry Mason rerun when he must have still been in his 20s. He was the one who done it too!

Regina
Female Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 13:17
Little known by the general public but he was an exceptional photographer. Husband and I saw his work at Mass moca and his work like everything he did, was fantastic.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 28 Feb 2015 23:58
I also once remember him playing a pool shark in an episode of Get Smart. Given the dates of the show it would have either been just before he started playing Spock or while he was doing the show. He was also the voice behind the '70's quasi-documentary series 'In Search Of...' He's a great loss to fandom.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 1 Mar 2015 12:57
LLAP

,\\ //

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 2 Mar 2015 19:33
The Non-Trek role I remember him most for was an episode of Columbo where he plays a heart surgeon who comes up with an ingenious way to get rid of Will Geer his partner. Unfortunately a nurse figures it out and so must die. Then Columbo comes into play!

Oh,, and one more thing ...

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 3 Mar 2015 01:42
Rest in peace Mr. Spock. I saw a toon of Spock spanking Uhura. Donot know where. Butt well remembered Would love to see it happen. . LLaP

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 3
derekjster, DianaMiller, Geoffrey, Seegee, Wolfsister
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9