LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

How does one go redrum over an ass?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
guyde
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 01:49
I am not a follower of "How To Get Away With Murder" (ABC crime series) but when the latest episode was playing in the background, I was startled enough to sit up and take note when one female character said to her lawyer "I've been staring at the wall for three days. If I don't get some company soon, I might go red rum all over your ass. But something tells me you might be into that."

This piece of modern patois is completely alien to me. I came across the term redrum some years ago as a word play based on the fact it is the word murder spelled backwards. But that usage does not seem to easily fit the context of two potential suitors chatting each other up.

So I am definitely nonplussed, and feel that I ought not to be. So, fellow spankos, if you can shed some light on this matter, your insight would be most welcome. Perhaps even initiate new some bizarre tale, I would not be at all surprised.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 03:33
Beats me - the only Red Rum I know was a racehorse. The 'murder spelt backwards' comes from the movie 'The Shining', I think. I've never heard it used in a spanking/flirting context before...

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 09:11
guyde:
I came across the term redrum some years ago as a word play based on the fact it is the word murder spelled backwards.

I think it was first used as a code for murder (spelled backwards)in the Steven King novel The Shining. Spanking was mentioned in that too! But redrum was depicted as something very sinister (which it is).... definitely not flirtatious!

opb
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 12:43
I immediately thought of the race horse too, but that picture was not a pretty one.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 13:39
I have been told that murder is the street name given to a particularly strong cocaine derivative - but that does not seem to move things along very much. However, the female protagonist was wearing metal studs in her nose and on her cheek, so it could be ... No. That is not a pretty picture to imagine, either.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 18:24
Maybe it is the racehorse, which was particularly famous, naturally, for being fast.

As an ass is a donkey, maybe this is about making little mules?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 18:26
jools:
guyde:
I came across the term redrum some years ago as a word play based on the fact it is the word murder spelled backwards.

I think it was first used as a code for murder (spelled backwards)in the Steven King novel The Shining. Spanking was mentioned in that too! But redrum was depicted as something very sinister (which it is).... definitely not flirtatious!

In THE SHINING, hadn't the father (Jack Torrance), who had issues with his temper, once broken the arm of his son (Danny) while supposedly positioning the kid in order to spank him?

The first time that Danny mentioned "redrum" in the novel, I immediately figured out that it was "murder" read/spelled backwards, but although Jack was a published author he never noticed that until it became glaringly obvious--since he'd also had issues with alcohol in his past, he apparently took it at face value as a reference to liquor.

Of course, I knew all along that I was reading a horror story, while Jack didn't know he was a character within one at that point in the book... --C.K.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 21:47
The Urban Dictionary says ...

Word used in the novel "The Shining" by Stephen King and in the movie based on it and directed by Stanley Kubrick. "Murder" spelt backwards. Also works on many other levels, being suggestive of bloodshed, wrath, inebriation, violence, a force that consumes people's lives like some satisfying drink, and something used to subdue the Native American tribes that form a subtext of the film.

Taking the meaning as wrath and/or violence, and the fact that someone might or might not be into it, the quote could well refer to spanking.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 21:52
Are you sure the charater in the TV show said redrum? Maybe she said redBum, and that's why she intimated that the lawyer might be into that.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 28 Oct 2014 21:59
Or "Er...hum...", which could easily accompany a reference to a sensitive subject.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 5
druidicone, Flavius, knicks604, mobblers, molvo1, Robertz, SternMentor, stevenr, thepreacherswife, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9