library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

OT: Deutschland Uber Alles!! (Athletically)

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 09:21
CrimsonKidCK:
There's an Episcopal (Anglican) church hymn with that music, but obviously different lyrics, which also nonetheless makes me think of "Deutschland Uber Alles"...

My mum, who was a child during WW2 always says she can't sing the hymn because it reminds her of the German national anthem, and it has coloured the hymn for her. Being much younger it doesn't for me. I think it's such a great tune and lyrics.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 13:10
mati:
Since when are you interested in soccer?

Every four years! Or maybe twice every four years, counting the Olympics.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 20:58
It is the national anthem, though I understand the verse that either suggests loyalty to Germany should come before all else or that Germany is the tops isn't now part of the anthem, whereas the full version of the British national anthem still has "And like a torrent rush/ Rebellious Scots to crush" in reference to the '45 Rebellion (1745). Not that many people sing that nowadays, especially in Scotland.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 21:29
mati:
But I wonder that so many Americans watched the World cup. Since when are you interested in soccer?

As an American who has read and learned things about the game from this thread (and others like it which preceded it), I believe it is called "football." (Sorry, Mati, I have been (mis)calling it soccer for so long, I could not pass up the chance to correct someone else. Even though I know you already knew that).

njrick:
Every four years! Or maybe twice every four years, counting the Olympics.

There is soccer - I mean football - in the Olympics?

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#25 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 21:37
smeple:
There is soccer - I mean football - in the Olympics?

Yes, but it isn't worth much thanks to strange rules that turn it into a kind of youth championship. The reason is that FIFA doesn't want the Olympic football tournament to overshadow their own World Cup, and the IOC doesn't want football to overshadow the other Olympic events.

Congratulations to Germany, by the way! I think it was a most deserved victory.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 22:26
barretthunter:
Not that many people sing that nowadays, especially in Scotland.

Not to mention, as an atheist republican, I'm not especially enamoured to be singing, "God save our gracious queen" ...

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 22 Jul 2014 22:27
smeple:
As an American who has read and learned things about the game from this thread (and others like it which preceded it), I believe it is called "football."

It's always baffled me as to why the American game is called football at all given that the ball hardly ever makes contact with anyone's feet.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 23 Jul 2014 01:29
Februs:
It's always baffled me as to why the American game is called football at all given that the ball hardly ever makes contact with anyone's feet.

We also have a game on this side of the Atlantic called "Baseball". Bases are certainly involved in the game, yet the ball hardly ever makes contact with them. Go figure.

Basketball does have a name that makes more sense.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 23 Jul 2014 02:27
barretthunter:
It is the national anthem, though I understand the verse that either suggests loyalty to Germany should come before all else or that Germany is the tops isn't now part of the anthem, whereas the full version of the British national anthem still has "And like a torrent rush/ Rebellious Scots to crush" in reference to the '45 Rebellion (1745). Not that many people sing that nowadays, especially in Scotland.

Well, after all the American national anthem is all about the U.S.A. successfully defying the military might of the British Empire... --C.K.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 23 Jul 2014 12:59
CrimsonKidCK:
Well, after all the American national anthem is all about the U.S.A. successfully defying the military might of the British Empire...

Good point! Perhaps we should sanitize that with a kinder, gentler, more politically correct version. Perhaps the "red glow" could refer to the neon lights on your local Wall Mart or TRUMP building?

Oops! I can think of another possible "red glow", but a freshly spanked bottom wouldn't be politically correct. And in any case, sounds far too British.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
Alef, gingerpubes, mamarita7, steve77
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9