library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Words for 'bottom' - what do you prefer ?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Petespankboy
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 08:49
With us spankos is there something inherent in us that likes to use the word 'bottom' ? Do you think it is sexy and sensual rather than ass or arse for us anglophiles ? Perhaps in the US you prefer butt ?
I think bottom conveys childhood and spankings we may have had, or threats to have your bottom smacked for being naughty ! I don't like buttocks, buns but don't mind nates, but my favourite is 'bare bottom spanking' !!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#2 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 09:01
I am rather partial to derriere as an alternative to bottom, though of course,as you say, you can't beat bottom when prefixed by the word bare.

Silverlady
Female Member

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 09:33
I'm with jools, bottom is the word for me every time.
I'm not meaning to hijack Peter's thread but if I'm called a naughty girl, young lady or missy my Knees buckle and my tummy lurches.
Issy xxx

SNM
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 09:42
I like "bottom" only because it gets used so much in spanking fiction that I've come to associate the two closely. In daily speech, butt or ass feels more natural.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 10:04
I like to use a good variety of terms, eg: bottom, buttocks, backside, behind, cheeks, posterior, seat I'm not too keen on arse or ass and I never, ever ever use bum. It's too vulgar for such a noble part of the anatomy

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#6 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 11:34
Im with all you guys. Bottom is the perfect word. As a rule, it is only us spanko's that use it. Vanilla's tend to stick to arse or bum.

It is the same with the word spank. Most people will use slap or smack unless their mind is wired to enjoy saying the word spank.

Like Silverlady, I too get butterflies if I am called 'young lady' or 'little girl' in THAT tone! Or if i am told to behave!!!

barb
Female Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 13:10
This is a very interesting subject. Before I joined this library, I had never heard the alternative names for the behind being "nates" or "orbs". I have learned to really enjoy these two descriptions.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 13:27
Minidancer:
Vanilla's tend to stick to arse or bum.

Not in the U.S. - you rarely hear either of those words. 'Ass' maybe or 'tail', but I've heard plenty of vanillas say 'bottom'.

'Bottom' is the word I prefer, but I try to use different terms in stories to break up the monotony, just as I try to use various words for a spank or for the sound it produces.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 13:39
An old-fashioned term which I suspect is falling out of use is b.t.m. Dylan Thomas used it memorably in Under Milk Wood:

Learn him with a slipper on his b.t.m. !!

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 15 Jun 2014 13:46
A very obscure one is 'fundament', as used by Ogden Nash:

I test my bath before I sit
And I'm always moved to wonderment
That what chills the finger not a bit
Is so frigid to the fundament

I have to say my experience is exaclty the opposite

That what scalds the finger not a bit